Outside temp wiring?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

azhobo

Reaction score
Need a little help here guys...... 99 K2500, 454, NV4500, ECSB
Being a desert rat, I'm not real comfortable when I need to hit the high country in cold weather, especially on rainy nights. The reason is icing conditions, obviously. I grew up (a real long time ago) in the snow belt, so it's not that I'm unfamiliar, I just don't like not knowing if it's freezing.
The original owner, a friend, didn't order the temperature display mirror option, only the compass.
I'd like to find a JY mirror that also had the temp readout, and install the front cowl sensor.
Can anyone tell me if all trucks have the factory harness pre-wired for the dual input rearview mirror and underhood sensor?
Will appreciate any help. Thanks, and regards to all.
Bob

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bob there’s a ton of aftermarket ambient sensors available, I’d probably go that route. Might be easier and more accurate!

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My '89 didn't, but it's silly easy to run two wires. Just be sure and get the mirror and sensor both.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where is the standard sensor located? Is it at the front below the bumper?