Opinions? Thinkiing of doing some Color Matching.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Okay so i'm thinking about doing some color matching... but not quite sure on what yet or if i'm even going to do it at all. I like the way the truck looks now but i've got this urge for Red Tow mirrors....

You must be registered for see images attach

Here's where i'm at.... i really don't want to get rid of the impact strips because i like them. Or the bug guard, only becase there is a dent on my hood which the bug guard is covering until i find a new hood ;)

What do you guys think?

A.) Color Match Tows, Flares, Smoothie Colormatched diesel bumper, Colormatched Grille, Chrome emblem & grill insert, fog lights, Toolbox Delete. New Hood. Impact Strips stay. (Most Expensive Option)

B.) Smoothie Chrome bumper, Chrome grille insert, Colormatched Flares & Tows. Toolbox, bug guard & impact strips stay.

C.) Leave everything the way it is, colormatching just the Tows & Flares.

D.) Forget colormatching

Last edited:

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I'm offended by option D. :crazy:

I would say to colormatch the grille, bumpers, and fender flares. Leave the tow mirrors and door handles black, because you do need some contrast on the truck. That's just my opinion, though.

And I kind of disagree with keeping impact strips if you colormatch a front bumper, it just doesn't flow as well anymore. Either keep them on the bumper, or get rid of them on the truck, but don't do half and half.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
I'm all about a color matched grill & diesel smoothie. :)

But, your truck looks pretty dang good the way it sits, also.

You could always plasti-dip everything to get a good idea of what it would look like. If you don't like it, peel it off.

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
L0L! I'm in CA, I think color match everything but the mirrors and door handles. The smoothie diesel bumper will just be icing on the cake. That way the bug shield, mirrors and handles will give it some contrast. Beautiful truck no matter what you do though.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
hahaha yeah i had a feeling i'd make some people mad with that statement....

I agree with GMCYukonDriver though... if i take away the impact strips on the bumper i should take them away from the sides, if i want to keep the sides i should probably keep the ones on the front.. just so it has the same theme throughout.

I have a feeling if i color match the tows, the toolbox has to ether get colormatched or go bye bye... and it will end up going bye bye, i'm not painting it.

As of right now i've got some chrome LED turn signals on order for both trucks... then i've gotta order a chrome grille insert. We'll start there.

dmr22

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Option A but remove impact strips and leave the toolbox.