opinions please......factory or aftermarket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
wheels.....which do you like better? if i go back to factory wheels which are perfect i will probably go to a 265. i know most people here like bigger the better and modified but just not sure it works on this nice of a truck. plus it never gets off road or 4 wheeled. mostly up and down the highway at 70.

You must be registered for see images attach

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
I just love how clean your truck is! Because its so close to stock and so clean, I like the stock wheels better....where exactly are you from, looks like maybe Killeen/Temple area, but I cant tell for sure

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
hmmm i really like them both. but if you do more highway driving then the larger tires will do better than the smaller tires. cause the smaller tires will cause higher rpms. may not make that much difference either way

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
i had the opposite opinion and experience on the tires. i know that i am moving faster than the speedo. gps puts me at 70 when my speedo says 65-66. this shows my mpg to be lower than they really are but not sure of the exact number. should ride better and get better mpg (less rotating mass).

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
i had the opposite opinion and experience on the tires. i know that i am moving faster than the speedo. gps puts me at 70 when my speedo says 65-66. this shows my mpg to be lower than they really are but not sure of the exact number. should ride better and get better mpg (less rotating mass).

maybe you could try a tune. recalibrate the speedo and tune for better mpgs. even if you do go back with 265's.

pics are before bars or alignment

ok, i was going to say theres your pulling issue! lol

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
funny thing is it pulled less then.......

i had a single cab 98 Z71 with a hypertech back in the day to adjust for 285s and tune but it didn't seem to do too much for me. also had cold air intake and exhaust on it. took it off and put on a few times. never really noticed a difference except on price of premium fuel.