Opinions or suggestions on this idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
I like that 2 door Tahoe sport. I think I must have been drawing on that look without knowing it was a package. I googled Tahoe 2dr sport and see there was such a thing. I didn't realize I had incorporated as much as I have. I even have a version with the entire grille blacked out like I see on some of them. It's interesting to me they don't have side molding.

I think what I like most about the charcoal on the Suburban is that it's glossy.

It's a tough call with the green. Black isn't much of a contrast with it, so it's not very visually striking vs grays/silvers on up the scale. Green trucks can start looking like Forest Ranger trucks. Around here, some of the state trucks are dark green with gray seals on the doors, so that color combo instantly brings that to my mind.

Take it up a few more brightness notches and you have contrast like the Incredible Hulk's truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

Which I like, but is a little flashier than what I'm going for.

Maybe a touch darker than what's on that Suburban but not all the way to black and done in glossy paint, not a thick/clad look after all.

I don't know if the fogs in the valence will be a permanent thing, but I've always loved how they look on the SS trucks and I just want them. (And I want some extra lights for the utility, not just fashion.)

Thanks for the food for thought.

Last edited:

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
What I grew up seeing:

You must be registered for see images attach

Maybe the seal is more of a blue, but still, some of the green trucks I've seen make me think of DNR Rangers.

Last edited:

1994chevymanual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
are you doing paint or bed linear? if you choose bed linear shoot the stuff with a gun and not a raddle can its heavier duty stuff. If your doing paint I woulddo a charcoal color IMO it looks better with green

1994chevymanual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
are you doing paint or bed linear? if you choose bed linear shoot the stuff with a gun and not a raddle can its heavier duty stuff. If your doing paint I woulddo a charcoal color IMO it looks better with green

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score

Well, I have some chips on the lower doors and rockers that are rusting and I want some extra protection, so I was leaning toward something thicker and more plastic-like, like bedliner, but want a texture similar to the plastic on the rear bumper step, so I was thinking about bumper coating. The pics and reviews of SEM bumper coater seemed like a good product. I'd also like to get rid of the chrome bumpers and grille trim also to sort of "sport" it up some.

I'm still brewing the idea, so I'm not sure which way I'll finally go. I may just go with green again and use a clear chip guard. Going with black means I don't have to match the green exactly, so I've got a better chance of doing a good diy job vs small odds of getting the green perfect.

I'm still weighing my options and playing with photoshop.