Opinion on stance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorthTexasDylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I jacked the truck up and bolted up the 37x13.50R20 Maxxis Buckshot on Ballistic 845 Morax 20x9 -12 that I got this week. I had purchased (4) 2" spacers because I needed the clearance away from the upper ball joint. What might work out for me is that they only shipped me (2) so I got more than 1/2 my money back. Two issues here was that I failed to take into account that these -12 offset wheels would give me more clearance and second the front and the back are not the same width so 2" on the front and 2" on the back will not stick out the same distance. With the 2 inch spacers and the camber bolts turned all the way I have 2.5" clearance. Trying to get some measurements it seems like the front sticks out 2" more than the back does. However some of that may be the camber still being so far out???

So opinion time:

Option 1: Remove the 2" spacers from the front and roll with .5" clearance.
Option 2: Install :poop: .5" spacers in the front just to give myself a little more clearance but get close on stance.
Option 3: Install 1.0" spacers and shave the studs down as a result.
Option 4: None of the above matter until the alignment is done within specs so I know what I am dealing with.

I almost didn't post this because the pictures make it look way worse than it is. You can see a difference but the pics from the front make it look way worse than it is.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of "stance", so I choose #1.

Also, you have a nice looking truck, I wouldn't want to fling every pebble on the road all over that paint.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Autozone has 1/4 or half inch spacers (cant remember which) those should give you some peice of mind for the whole clearance thing and its hardly noticable if thats the look your trying to get.

Edit: sorry i just reread the options and i must have missed option 2. Love the stance it has with the spacers btw, its just gonna be impossible to keep clean.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Its a win-lose. You win the width, but lose all ability to keep it clean. Lol. I cant even drive mine out of the wash without it spraying the dirty water back over it

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
+1 more for no spacers.

but i'm "old" fashioned and don't care for lifts and big tires either...so take it for what it's worth.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
I love "stance" however i would remove the front spacer and see how it looks. It apears you will still have a couple inches of poke.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

NorthTexasDylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excited to have gotten the body lift installed this weekend. Got all the spacers in and bolted back together. Got the fuel filler neck reinstalled. Went ahead and bolted on tires and wheels since I was done with the lift.

To-do as of today includes:
Reconnecting 4wd linkage
Reinstalling rear bumper and hitch
Reinstalling front bumper and grill
Reinstalling fan shroud
Reinstalling driver's seat
Installing new carpet
New longer brake lines
New tailgate cables
New stereo
Changing out cam bolts on passenger side
Installing K&N cold air intake