Open request to help interpret TunerPro recorded log

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moss

Reaction score
Adjusted the timing to 0* after work today. Took it for a drive and it sounded similar as before.

Datalogged a drive, cruised 55mph and 60mph, let idle for a couple mins and stopped recording.

Attachments

• TunerPro 31Jan24 Log.zip
    114.6 KB · Views: 1

Moss

Reaction score
Tried to capture the same moment PlayingWithTBI showed on page 2 of this thread. 2nd gear, accelerating.

After adjustment, Knock Retard is in 4-6 range instead of 7-8, Spark Advance looks like it follows a cleaner line along with the RPMs. I don't know what this information means.
You must be registered for see images attach

But while cruising at 50s is seems to be all over the place.

I checked from above and below for signs of exhaust leak from the exhaust headers and don't see black indicating a leak.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went back and looked at one of my logs with a 7747 from 1-24-19. It doesn't show "Knock Retard" but, "Knock Counts" so, we can extrapolate that into KR. When you get so many KCs in a certain time, the ECM/PCM will retard timing until KCs go down. Look at your timing (it's all over the place) and look at mine (80 - 81). You need to figure out what's causing these Knocks. Red line in top graph is Spark Advance, pretty smooth too. Whether it's ratting pipes (not necessarily leaks), piston slap, rod knock, etc. Then we can go from there.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed at 7min into your log you were holding the throttle steady and your knock counts(retard) were going crazy. If you have a stethoscope or a long screwdriver with your ear against the handle place it near the KS and raise the engine up off idle and listen for any knocks. Shake the exhaust,bounce the truck and listen for any suspension rattles,check your motor mounts.