Ok guys, we need your help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The wires off of the white plug go up into the steering column. The wires off of the black part go into the wiring harness and are wrapped in that bundle someplace.
Try unwrapping that harness and see if you can match the colors and pay close attention to the stripes if any.

The white part of the plug on mine is different but the colors look to be the same.
Ill see what I can find on the other wires.
What exact truck do you have?

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking at that, jogs my memory. I remember seeing some of those connectors when I had my 93 WT, but to say what goes where, it's been to long. I sold the WT, 12 years ago. My 97 isn't the same at all. If I get a chance to snap some pics off of a 93-94, I will, but I'm punished rite now LOL. My wife and I had a big argument about how much money I have spent on my truck since February. I guess $5000 in repair cost is about the limit I can spend for now LOL. I really need to make a trip to pull a part, but that's just going to have to wait for now. At the end of it all, if I need to spend more money on my truck, I will, no mater how much my wife doesn't like it.
There is only one way out when it comes to these issues.
Deception and conniving.
Find some pretense to take her for a drive.
Stop by the local truck dealership and when she asks what is going on,
Agree with her about the money youve spent on the truck. Tell her you have decided that she is right. Spending 5 grand on an old truck is irresponsible and wastefull.
You have finally matured and realised you need something more reliable
If she is anything like any of my wives she will be instantly suspicious so you have to play this ball all the way to the wall.
When the salesman comes back at a deep discount, boss is having a ****** price of $78,500 with only 15k down?
Act like you are a car dealing haggling genious.
That **** will get swatted like a bug.
Mope for a bit.
You tried to do the right thing but your dreams were crushed.
Go back to fixing your old truck.
But you must commit to this plan to the death!
Because she may call your bluff.
And then you look like a dope trying to unwind some truck deal you really dont want to pay for.
You may also want to refference my posts about how a man should always own good luggage and a camper shell.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is only one way out when it comes to these issues.
Deception and conniving.
Find some pretense to take her for a drive.
Stop by the local truck dealership and when she asks what is going on,
Agree with her about the money youve spent on the truck. Tell her you have decided that she is right. Spending 5 grand on an old truck is irresponsible and wastefull.
You have finally matured and realised you need something more reliable
If she is anything like any of my wives she will be instantly suspicious so you have to play this ball all the way to the wall.
When the salesman comes back at a deep discount, boss is having a ****** price of $78,500 with only 15k down?
Act like you are a car dealing haggling genious.
That **** will get swatted like a bug.
Mope for a bit.
You tried to do the right thing but your dreams were crushed.
Go back to fixing your old truck.
But you must commit to this plan to the death!
Because she may call your bluff.
And then you look like a dope trying to unwind some truck deal you really dont want to pay for.
You may also want to refference my posts about how a man should always own good luggage and a camper shell.
LOL, well she is not my wife. She is a member on here that I brought over from another forum. She lives in Michigan, and I live in Louisiana. If She was close, I would drive over there and help Her out, but that's not going to happen. She PMed me asking for me to take pics of my truck, but I have a 97 and She has a 94 so they are not the same. That's why I asked for help. You do have a good plan though for your next truck though. As for me,I really don't want anything new. I want a classic muscle car. I'm kind of leaning towards a 1978 pace car Corvette. I not ready to pull that trigger yet though.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOL, well she is not my wife. She is a member on here that I brought over from another forum. She lives in Michigan, and I live in Louisiana. If She was close, I would drive over there and help Her out, but that's not going to happen. She PMed me asking for me to take pics of my truck, but I have a 97 and She has a 94 so they are not the same. That's why I asked for help. You do have a good plan though for your next truck though. As for me,I really don't want anything new. I want a classic muscle car. I'm kind of leaning towards a 1978 pace car Corvette. I not ready to pull that trigger yet though.
Ha. Im pretty sure I linked those posts wrong.
Sorry about the confusion.
I knew she wasnt your wife I just managed to overlap replies too two different subjects somehow.
If you can tell me what model of truck she has I can dig into it some more.
But a 94 is a real transitional year and 95s are just odd.
I remember my first butchered wireing harness and it really sucked.
Back before the internet somebody helped me figure it out so I didnt end up on the friggen bus.
So that makes it my turn to help somebody else.
Im in and ill do what I can

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not 100 percent sure. I know it is a k1500. And I think it's a 5.7.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not 100 percent sure. I know it is a k1500. And I think it's a 5.7.
Thats a start. I can look at mine and some wiring diagrams and see if we can figure it out.
If you can get which plant it was built in or a build date that might help to
They did some screwy **** in 94 to 95

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thats a start. I can look at mine and some wiring diagrams and see if we can figure it out.
If you can get which plant it was built in or a build date that might help to
They did some screwy **** in 94 to 95
Here is Kekes email info. Send her an email and she can give you the info you need. Thanks for the help.
for now my email is [email protected] or email [email protected]

KeKe2369

Reaction score
I tried looking under my dash, but it’s cluttered & I can’t trace the wires very good. Plus, I know nothing about wiring.
hey , if you have a 94’ jus take some pics of the connectors and a path to where the wires go…. I really only need the brake switch wires and the wiper/washer connectors and maybe the High Mount brake light … and I’ll be all set … I’d appreciate so much

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey , if you have a 94’ jus take some pics of the connectors and a path to where the wires go…. I really only need the brake switch wires and the wiper/washer connectors and maybe the High Mount brake light … and I’ll be all set … I’d appreciate so much
I tried again but most of my wires are either taped or pin a loom. I did see the wires from the wiper control module under the hood go somewhere up the steering column.