Oil pressure..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
At a glance, this looks like it'd do the trick. The first tool I tried didn't have the smaller part to drop down into the block and seal the oil passages so the passenger side would pressurize.

swervin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just tried turning it over with the fuel pump and all the spark plug wires hooked back up and its having trouble even turning over now? So I unplugged the spark plug wire going to the condenser and it turns over no problem.. only things I can think of is either the distributor is out 180° or maybe the crank position sensor or is it something more major like seized bearings or just a clogged screen on the pump

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

When I say top end rebuild i did everything in my garage at home, I'm deffinatly no mechanic just mechanically inclined but I planed the heads on a perfectly flat surface that I glued sheets of sand paper onto, ground the valves with lapping compound and just cleaned the hell outta them, everything was crusty, black, gaskets were baked on ect.. the reason I started that was because I found coolant in my oil when I went to drain some oil out before starting it cause I noticed it was too high. I realize I probably did alot of stuff most people wouldnt reccomend but I thought I'd try and figure it out as I went and do what I could on very low budget. So yea for all I know that plastic collar for the oil pump could be long gone, the screen on the pump could have been clogged years ago ect..
Thats actually pretty awesome. Thats some old school ****.
Maybe pull the oil pan and check out the pickup and the screen
Sometimes they are plugged cull of crap, and sometimes they just fall off
Keep at it. Youll emd up being a badass chevy man

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
But, once again, no oil, no start.
Oil is not an option
Oil keeps all the spinning parts from grinding each other to pieces.
Its all all always everytime about the damn oil
Buick 215 225 hydroplane.
Oil
Chevy can am hillborn injected meth 427 hydroplane
oil
v drive blown alcky 454 Lavey
Oil
I could have retrired twenty years ago.
If I had understood how oil works

Last edited:

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

When I say top end rebuild i did everything in my garage at home, I'm deffinatly no mechanic just mechanically inclined but I planed the heads on a perfectly flat surface that I glued sheets of sand paper onto, ground the valves with lapping compound and just cleaned the hell outta them, everything was crusty, black, gaskets were baked on ect.. the reason I started that was because I found coolant in my oil when I went to drain some oil out before starting it cause I noticed it was too high. I realize I probably did alot of stuff most people wouldnt reccomend but I thought I'd try and figure it out as I went and do what I could on very low budget. So yea for all I know that plastic collar for the oil pump could be long gone, the screen on the pump could have been clogged years ago ect..
Nothing wrong with any of that. It might have been leaking coolant at the intake too.
I would have done the same thing.
I look at it this way. If you had the nuts to take on all of that?
You are a full on Chevy engine man.
You got this brother. I am ready to help however I can and I bet everybody else will help too.
Almost every guy in America started on a Chevy small block.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just tried turning it over with the fuel pump and all the spark plug wires hooked back up and its having trouble even turning over now? So I unplugged the spark plug wire going to the condenser and it turns over no problem.. only things I can think of is either the distributor is out 180° or maybe the crank position sensor or is it something more major like seized bearings or just a clogged screen on the pump
It doesnt have a condenser. Its a TBI not a point system. Did you mean the coil wire?
Go back to square one.
Make sure that you have the distributor set at TDC on the compression stroke.
Watch as many videos as you can and set it right.
Nothing, nothing, nada will work unless you get this right.
All else is just chasing your own tail.
This is the very basis of understanding how an engine works
It isnt difficult, it just takes some homework.
Get this, and all else will open up before your eyes.
Get it to tdc, then we can work on stabbing the TBI distributor on the right tooth.
Which is cake
Its all all all about the timing
Thats how engines work

Bone Shaker

Reaction score
If you are going to prime it by spinning the engine I would recommend removing the spark plugs. This will let the engine spin freely and not let cylinder compression put things in a bind.
Speed handle with straight bit always works for me. I think most assembly lube will suffice. I just use Lucas oil additive. It is thick enough to stick to everything for a pretty long time. Good luck with everything