fuel pump and oil pressure circuits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i think the oil pressure switch is also to take load off the relay contacts which would mean longer contact life. whether this was planned or just a byproduct i an not sure.

in my field it is common we will "double up" the contacts on a circuit if there is a free set of contacts on a relay.

elplatano

Reaction score
i think the oil pressure switch is also to take load off the relay contacts which would mean longer contact life. whether this was planned or just a byproduct i an not sure.

in my field it is common we will "double up" the contacts on a circuit if there is a free set of contacts on a relay.
Interesting so relying on one pole when 2 designed may also cause premature relay failure because it’s now bias to one instead of being split to 2.

I will still do some digging but this may help!

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your kill switch is for security reasons, I'd recommend not installing it in a way that can interrupt a running engine, but rather interrupts the starter circuit. If it fails, you don't want it leaving you stranded in a bad place. Your primary concern is keeping an unauthorized driver from starting your engine.