Oil leaking from oil cooler lines........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1994GMCSierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys/gals so if its not one thing its another. I notice a small slick in my driveway after a rain and decided to check it out. Turns out its a leak coming from the upper oil cooler line. Now I know those things just push in so i was wondering if i could simply push it further in to tighten it or do I have to replace the entire line? Also how hard is it to replace those lines since its 10 degrees here and i have a snow covered driveway with no garage :( Thanks.

Ok cant post pics, but this is identical http://www.truckforum.org/forums/at...oil-leak-1991-k1500-5-7l-94gm-oiladptr-22.jpg

Last edited:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Will have to either replace the whole line or get an adapter and delete the oil cooler lines

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
NAPA has the lines and connectors

LINE CODE PART NUMBER PART COMMENT
OES 8215547 Oil Cooler Line - Engine
OES 8275189 Oil Cooler Line - Engine

LINE CODE PART NUMBER PART COMMENT
OES 7304951 Oil Cooler Line Connector - Engine 3/8" - 18 Thread w/ Quick Disconnect

1994GMCSierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok so ive decided to replace the lines, however was wondering what i have to do to get the lines off the oil filter housing? They are definitely push in style not clipped. Do i just pull or is there some sort of special tool i need?