Oil leakage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I seem to have sprung an oil leak when I had my truck up on ramps to get the running boards off. I put the ramps on one side at a time so the old girl was 'flexxin' a little more than she's probably done in along time.
Now there is oil leaking down the control arms by the looks of it and onto the tire to the ground. Any ideas? Should I just take it to a shop to see what they say? I am not very mechanically inclined.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the puddles keep appearing but I checked my oil and it is still pretty high, the residue on the ground definitely looks like fairly fresh oil that I put in so.

I noticed that there is a lot of wetness around my wiper fluid container and it seems like the radiator is fairly wet too? Do you think it could be the head gasket?

I will take some photos of the affected area, and I am going to rinse it at the car wash to see if it keeps leaking in that area. Also have NO COOLANT so I am going to fill that up and see if its maybe that which is leaking out...

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Rad

Thoughts

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
If its around the wiper fluid container, I'd be checking the oil cooler lines. They run from the oil filter area to the left side of the radiator.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Just now saw the pics. Definitely de-grease the area. I'll bet the oil cooler lines are leaking.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, Ill wash it tomorrow since it was fairly cold here today. What would it cost to fix oil cooler lines? Cant you get them taken off completely? Im sure I had something similar on my '94 before..

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put nearly a full jug of engine coolant into the thing and its almost all gone now..Any ideas? Maybe radiator has a crack? Could it have just been filling up? Not much knowledge of radiators.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure on the coolant problem, but you definitely have an oil cooler line leak.. Shouldn't cost too much to get fixed, and it's also fairly easy to do so try doing it on your own! The part is only like $30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks..! Not sure if I could manage on my own since I have limited tools haha but maybe I will try.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I'm just going to go ahead and book an appointment to the mechanics to delete the oil cooler lines. If the leaks don't stop Ill know its also the mysterious disappearing engine coolant. Hope I can get it in this week