oil leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok now i'm beyond pissed spent over 700 bucks on this head job. got everything rebuilt new gaskets all around. cleaned and siliconed the elbow on the oil sending unit. did the rear main last summer. and the thing is still leaking oil...where the hell could it possibly be leaking?

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i did the rear main last summer hoping it would stop it but didn't do anything. its dripping down like its the rear main...but its coming from some place higher then that...like i said i just had my heads machined and rebuilt with new gaskets ect ect...i did the intake twice and its still leaking somewhere i've really ran out of places for it to come from

Dougm72

bout 5ft from concrate
Reaction score
on my truck it was leaking oil from the intake in the front mabey it could be leaking from the back on yours.

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
possibly but like i said i redid everything this last weekend...it stumping me

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you siliconed the oil sending unit?

I always teflon tape mine. Maybe that's it?

Man if you clean the block and it's got no oil and then you get it to leak you gotta be able to see where it's coming from. if it's not inside the bellhousing area it would have to be dist. valve cover intake, or sending unit. I would doubt it being the head but it's a possability I guess.

If it's inside the BH area it could be the seal itself or the gasket between the block and adapter for the 1 piece rms. Or oil pan.

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea thats what i don't understand is that i replaced all but the oil pan gasket. and its still leaking. i don't understand it. but i'll reach back there today since i got most of it cleaned up when i had my heads off. who knows maybe my rear main went...with only 2000 miles on it or so

ohio4whlr

Reaction score
There are three oil gallery plugs on the backk of the block, these can leak and look like a rear main leak. If you exhausted all option from top of block. You may have to pull the trans or engine to locate leak.