Oil leak, need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ironfireman

Reaction score
This morning, I notice an oil leak from my truck. Before, it had never leaked a drop, now it's leaking all the time. I've included a picture of where its coming from. Can someone help me? I recently changed the oil and I added about a half quart to much. So I drained it out. Can someone give me a heads up as to what may be happening and what I need to do to fix it. Thanks!

You must be registered for see images attach

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Most likely the ''o'' ring under the oil filter adapter.The one on my big block was easy to change,this one looks different....small block?Does that tube on the right go into the adapter?What kind of fitting seals the oil pressure there?

Texcuda

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you get the oring from the old oil filter off? If you accidentally left the old one on and put the new oil filter with it's oring in there it WILL leak. If that is not it, did you tighten it enough? Seems odd to start leaking immediately after an oil change unless you jarred something breaking the seal.

Steve A

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What grampadirt says. Just changed mine about a week ago, went through 5 quarts of oil just to get home. GM has the seal kit for $6-7, Fel-Pro ES 72671 for about the same.

Ironfireman

Reaction score
What I found out is the gasket for my oil filter adapter is worn. So I went and bought a new one. While looking I found another leak. I have a lower oil cooler line leak. I had to order new cooler lines, clips and quick fittings. It'll be my project for tomorrow. I'm a newbie at minor repairs, so I hope this won't be too difficult. Any advice before beginning?

Ironfireman

Reaction score
No go today. The dealership ordered the wrong parts. I went by two other dealerships on the way home from work and the third one was the only one that could help. I asked for their main part person to walk out with me so I could show them what I was asking for. The lines they provided were half the length I needed. I'm not sure why. I gave each of them the Vin and told them exactly what I needed. Did GM change anything around 92?