Oil filter study write up suggestions/ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreaseDog

Pickup Artist
Reaction score
I forget where, but there is a source for it, my uncles shop researched what filters they should buy based on the Micron level, The ones they went with where high up on the scale, they were Lub-something, cant remember.
Lubeguard comes to mind. :dunno: you'd be surprised how many of those filters on your list are actually Purolator filters with a different logo on them.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lubeguard comes to mind. :dunno: you'd be surprised how many of those filters on your list are actually Purolator filters with a different logo on them.

yeah, there are only like 4-5 actual manufaturers of the filters, like champion makes M1 and K&n and ACdelco and STP, etc...but they make 'em to the client's specs, which is why there is such a variation between the brands, even from the same manufacturer.

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
this is a very nice potential thread. however i've been reading for 20 min and have YET to get to anything other than people talking about what their uncle uses ect. can you link the study info to each filter with a hot link on your first post aloicious? that way you can just jump straight to the info and skip all the other stuff?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are you wanting a link to? The link for his study is the first one in the first post....

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
so apparently it didn't show up as a hyperlink when i first looked at the thread..... i've not had coffee yet today.....