Oh ****! My lift block is backing out! Pics inside, help plz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
okay so on gmfs a guy said that the cepek block has no pin running through it and that the pin is only through the leaf pack or something and that I could just get a new pin, how the hell do I pull this pin out and get a new one in?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No way that's BS if they make it that way. The ones I saw it was cast into them, something has to hold it in the rear end flange if not welding, and the leaf spring one if broke should pul lout, then bolt in another. I would jack it up, unbolt the u bolts, get a couple of HD c clamps on the front and back side of the leaf pack, which would be in front of and behind the pin as close as possible to the pin, but allowing you enough room to work on it, then bolt in the new after the old ones is gone. If it's broke in the leafs you may want to clamp them first before removing the u bolts.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
id imagine like he said that the cepek blocks have bumps cast into them. The top one would bump out and the bottom should bump in. No they arent center pins, but they are designed to do the same thing.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea exactly like that and the bottoms hould not kick out from what i saw the bottom axle perch has a hole and the nipple sticks in it, now his stud on the leafs breaking the top should come out I'd think since it sets in the block hole but not the bottom. It's weird.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah those blocks pictured above are correct I believe they have the part sticking out which I believe goes into the axle and the top the centerpin from the leafs sticks into. I'm just unsure I mean the bottom shouldn't be broken? I mean it seems like it wouldn't break, and I could just put it back in the axle hole and replace the top center pin.

So, I should jack the truck up put jackstands under the frame and jack stands under the axle so I can seperate them somehow. Little confused about if I can just leave the tires on the ground or if I have to have a **** ton of jack stands on everything. Custom spring in memphis quoted me $200 today..I only got to talk to the receptionist too, so I'm sure she knew what she was talking abouit...Frustration.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you could leave the tires on the ground, you just want space between the spring and rear, which could be done after you remove the u bolts.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you could always get a spring pack from a 2500 and use a smaller block.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welp I'll be gettin' a new block and centerpin more than likely, no need to **** with the leafs.