OEM mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
My favorite feature about it is the Instant Fuel Economy. When you mash the gas and see it hit and stay at 1 MPG. LOL

Its totally worth having I think. But not the $150 they are going for.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
So far it seems to be pretty accurate. It is very simple to hook up.

12V +
12V switched
GROUND
Illumination
Data Pin 2 of the OBDII port

That looks pretty neat, but I am not very gifted in the electronics spectrum.... any pics on this hook up? So there are four wires to the fuse box and one to the whatchamacallit? Did you have to put in in-line fuses or was it just plug and go? (I am not good at this at all... I put in a CB radio, but that's about where my knowledge stops)

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
DIC from a 2001 Denali
You must be registered for see images attach

I have this in my 02 Sierra. From what I've read the fuel range and remaining will only work on 98+ GMT400 due to fuel sender differences.

--------------------

I have a big list of OEM style mods....

On the 88:
- 454SS cluster
- 95+ 60/40 bench with console
- 95+ OH console with S-10 compass/temp & homelink
- Autodim mirror
- 1st Gen S-10 power mirror switch used in power mirror conversion
- GMT800 aftermarket towing mirrors
- factory PWDL conversion
- E-code Bosch made GM quad headlights
- Sport airdam
- Sport factory fogslights
- GMT800 tailgate clearance light
- GMT400 cablights
- Diesel bumper
- Stock appearing D44 front conversion

On my 02:
- Denali steering wheel audio controls
- Denali overhead console w/ Homelink
- Denali trip computer in OH console blockout plate
- Escalade HVAC knobs & headlight Knob
- 2 button crewcab domelight
- Factory PWDL & power mirror conversion w/ heated mirrors
- Denali headlights modified with e-code tahoe leveling motors & export leveling switch in dash
- Factory fog lights & airdam
- Diesel bumper

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
- Denali headlights modified with e-code tahoe leveling motors & export leveling switch in dash.

Curious about this. Pics? Will this only work with GMT800's?

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Yes, this is only a GMT800 thing. There is not enough space in the core support without serious modification to fit the motors.

GM exported Tahoes to Germany, to be compliant they used a e-code housing and had a leveling motor. The wiring and switch was a independent system in the truck's wiring, not tied to the BCM at all thankfully.

I have pictures on my home computer, I could get them. I had to modify and make some bracketry to adapt them to the GMC headlights, so it wasn't a bolt in affair.

It was NOT a cheap modification either. The export headlights (to get the motors) with special connectors, and the dash switch were probably in the $600-$700 ballpark.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
That looks pretty neat, but I am not very gifted in the electronics spectrum.... any pics on this hook up? So there are four wires to the fuse box and one to the whatchamacallit? Did you have to put in in-line fuses or was it just plug and go? (I am not good at this at all... I put in a CB radio, but that's about where my knowledge stops)

Mine is a 98, I'm just seeing if I have the know-how to stick it in... impressive list by the way.

It wasnt a plug n play sorta deal. I ran Constant, ACC, Illumination & VSS wires up to my radio and the data to the OBD port Pin 2 Purple wire. Make wires as long as you need for where you want to put this thing. I mounted it under the power outlets.

I will soon have Steering wheel radio controls in my truck as well.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
It wasnt a plug n play sorta deal. I ran Constant, ACC, Illumination & VSS wires up to my radio and the data to the OBD port Pin 2 Purple wire. Make wires as long as you need for where you want to put this thing. I mounted it under the power outlets.

I will soon have Steering wheel radio controls in my truck as well.

So you spliced these into the radio wires, if I'm following you right? (learning, learning, learning... bear with me) BECAUSE- it is closer and is already on the ACC circuit + properly fused?

And then you just put the data pin into the OBD...

(I'd stick it the same place as you did- looks good in the pic anyways)

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
So you spliced these into the radio wires, if I'm following you right? (learning, learning, learning... bear with me) BECAUSE- it is closer and is already on the ACC circuit + properly fused?

And then you just put the data pin into the OBD...

(I'd stick it the same place as you did- looks good in the pic anyways)

Ya pretty much but I couldve gone to the ignition switch harness but the radio harness has the VSS wire (speed sense) that the DIC needs so help calculate mileage.

I Thought I had a printout of the plug end wire colors. I can print one up at work tomorrow and upload it here to show you what and where to hook up.