OEM mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
havent put em in yet, trucks at the shop cause i got sick of working on it. theres a write up on the fronts but the second row ill have to figure out. ill put it in my thread or make a new one.

cdubb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll have to check out wellers. Im in Muskegon and dont have too many options up here. Grew up in Grand Haven and went to LKQ monthly.

Wellers has a lot of trucks they buy at auction daily so inventory is always changing.

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
havent put em in yet, trucks at the shop cause i got sick of working on it. theres a write up on the fronts but the second row ill have to figure out. ill put it in my thread or make a new one.

Link please! :gr_grin:

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is the best thread ever! Why is this not stickied? I've found more info in this thread in a few hours than I have in this whole forum in months!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I have a question.
Are the '95-'98 tilt columns & the non-tilt ones the same internally?
Can a non-tilt be modded to tilt? Is it as simple as pulling that outer cover off, removing whatever locks the non-tilt in position & adding the position lock release mechanism? That'd be too easy! Besides, if it was that easy, I'd think more people would of done that by now.
I know that there were some stick trucks that came with tilt, (2500/3500's) but I haven't found one yet! I'd really like to have one in my '97.
I'd like to keep the same column I have & mod it, rather than swap out the whole thing. I can find ones for an auto all day long. Don't know if an auto one would require a bunch more mods than what I'm already looking at. Only way I'd do a swap is if I could find a factory one for the stick.
I can't see GM manufacturing 2 different columns for these trucks, other than one for an automatic & one for a stick. Although that'd be the same basic column. But then, I haven't seen a schematic that shows the dif.'s.
Anyone have any experience doing this?