OEM Fog Switch install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkside 94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm looking ti install some aftermarket fog lights on my truck that doesn't have any fogs. I purchased a fog light kit from Pep Boys bought prefer the factory switch. The lights have 3 wires that connect to the supplied switch; ground, main power(white), and power supply(black). I don't want to fry my switch that was $31 (Rock Auto) so I thought I could find the actual fog light harness but no luck:banghead:. Has anybody tried this before? I searched the forum and found someone else wanted the same info. Any help please!!!

Reggie

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Mean Green (Baron) made up a harness for my factory fog light install & because I used 130w bulbs, instead of the original 55w ones, he upgraded the wire gauge. He did a beautiful job. Everything was labeled, & was a basic plug & play. Highly recommended! Just send him a P.M. I'm sure he could fix you up with what you need.

Whitehoe

The Big Bad Tahoe
Reaction score
i would recommend that because i got an oem style one from a junkyard and just crimped wires together and three days later it fried 2nd time ive had smoke coming from the dash :/

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah if your going to run aftermarket fog lights on the factory swicth you need to have a relay to handle the power of the new lights.

Darkside 94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The lights came with a relay but I don't want to f the switch up...I had been in the junkyard looking for a switch forever and finally broke down and paid the $31 bucks for one.
yeah if your going to run aftermarket fog lights on the factory swicth you need to have a relay to handle the power of the new lights.

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok its really simple run fused power to the swicth, then power out from switch to relay and ground on the switch so it lights up.