OBS door hinge repair kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
If I were to do it I'd make those sleeves out of oil lite. It's bronze that's impregnated with oil. I make them quite a bit for aircraft applications, especially for areas that pivot often. They're actually classfied as bearings, not bushings.

If anyone wants some made I can pump out a ton on the CNC lathe.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
If I were to do it I'd make those sleeves out of oil lite. It's bronze that's impregnated with oil. I make them quite a bit for aircraft applications, especially for areas that pivot often. They're actually classfied as bearings, not bushings.

I would def be interested! That is basically taking erics idea one stage further.

That doesnt seem like a bad ideer right theree ^^

Agreed though I gotta say your idea of opening the hole to accept an extra bushing is def great too! I am def open to doing either one to save my current door.

Powered by Detroit Diesel

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
I never got around to mine yet, I like the idea for the oil lite bushings, Might eliminate some of the squeak these doors can get as well

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score

I'd be up for a set!

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Ordered the hinge kit which came with new door pins and bushings along with the .010 oversized bushings fo my drivers door. I'll let everyone know how it works out once I get some time to install them.
You must be registered for see images attach

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you like this kit? And in the link it says it’s for 3/4 and 1 tons. This is the same kit, correct?

Dave Covin

Reaction score
I bought the Dorman 924102 to replace the whole upper hinge on my 96. It was like 42 bucks on rockauto.
You must be registered for see images attach