obd2 scanner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

barry_g

Reaction score
looking for the cheapest way to get all info from the obd2.
1996 gmc, nv3500.
the manual trans makes for fast ECM anyway.. coupled with a full LED light swap, fuse size drop etc.

I have elm327, and tried some cheaper software.. not good enough.

• I want to check cam retard.
  • I also have a permanent code.. it does not erase. no CEL is the indicator i fixed an old p0420...but it is always in stored codes.
  • I find my speed limiter is still well past 100.. like 107-110. I finally got it to work with a high flow cat. That confused a crazy person on the facebook - I wanted to talk about that here. On a gutted cat, I choose to let off throttle at 120mph. My tires go to 118. I now know static pressure is a value for the cutoff. Adding cat brought a cutoff at 105-110. It had no limiter before installing the cat.
I want to be able to check it.

• my timing hits 38.5 advanced. I learned these do not do that as factory.. ?

I use a cheap autel ms509 (call it extinct)

looking for the best leap forward. I did get to read the 650psi direct injection on my dads 2016..
but I need more technical.

I am frustrated in a way. I have been working my own stuff since my first year driving.. 1987.
Any help appreciated. I can't even get all info.

barry_g

Reaction score
Quite accustomed to answering my own questions...
this place has great info too, I just browsed around.

I guess i am going to go insane for a 21yr old hack job and see what I got.
I saw it can be used on other vehicles once the first vehicle is back to stock.
I suppose that is worth the $400?

JET 14005 Dynamic Spectrum Tuner Programmer

if you have ever wondered what a dynamical tune sounds like on a 1996 k1500 with a manual.

I hope this clip helps. Browse my other exhaust clips as well. this timing and advance is so centered an air bypass whooshes like a blo off..except it is vacuum.

it is not a 4.8 iron ls...(seriously, it has been asked) it is a 5.0 vortec, looking bone stock under the hood. no mods but somebodies old computer hack.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Sorry for the Serial killer text, I seemed to have hacked that by myself.

This single scrawny y-piped 5 liter is faster than my dad's 2016 half ton.
I knew to start digging at the computer after that...
and the startling LS question.. just the sound of this was my first clue to see what is in the ecm.

I usually ignore that stuff.

Last edited: