Nylanderz's '97 ECSB 6.5TD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nylanderz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello!
Figured it was about time to start a thread for my truck.
Bought it in december 2014 from an old man down in stockholm, receipts on over 20,000$ and i would be the 3rd owner.
A Perfect truck for me! As this is my daily driver i want it to be as mint as possible, so this thread will be almost like an "on-the-road" build thread as i modify it to my liking.

Here is it as it sits now. 18" Chrome alloy rims with 285/75 Cooper Discovery A/T Tires. 2" lift in the back,stock front.
You must be registered for see images attach

I've modified a 32" LED bar into the grille (which i don't recommend anyone doing,insanely tight fit) and put 2 LED backuplights in the back. Other than that it's mostly stock. It has got abit of rust and dents i will be fixing, as for now i'm waiting on my order with a new right front fender and a new tailgate wich will be painted correctly, and i will also be fixing the dent on my passanger door that was caused by the garage door that blew up on the door...

I have some plans for it as i will be showing along the way but as i work much i actually have little time for it..

If you guys have any ideas and thought about the truck please share it!

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Hey, I was hoping you'd start a thread, truck looks nice!
I'm so curious as to how you fit your LED bar behind the grille, do you have any pics from the install?
What does yours look like behind the grille cos when I look at mine, I think fitting a LED bar wont be that hard, all I have that far up is the hood latch assembly and parts of the mounting brackets for the trans cooler may be in the way a little.

gmcbeast

Reaction score
i too am interested in how you put a led bar behind the grill cause that just sound awesome

Nylanderz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes the LED bar is a funny story. Sadly i don't have any picture during the install but maybe i can snap a few pics and you'll see how i've done it.
I actually had to remove about 85% of the cooling fins in the back, plus i had to grind into the grille plastics to move it further out. Unfortunately the hood latch hits the led bar a bit, but if you push hard enough you can close the hood...

Got a few plans this weekend and i hope i can make it happen.

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
Is there an inercooler in the way since you have a diesel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nylanderz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there an inercooler in the way since you have a diesel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To answer your question 98sierra4x4, no i dont. But you have two other coolers plus the horn plus horn mount.

You must be registered for see images

In picture nr. 3 you can actually see where the Hood latch hits the ledbar. As you see this is do-able, but if you would think cutting into a brand new led bar is stupid, don't think about it, because it requires alot of cutting..

Last edited:

Nylanderz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found out today that my right front brake caliper is completely rusted out, causing the caliper piston to seize.. So ordered two new calipers,brake pads and two rotors today!

Anyway, despite that i managed to have a bit of fun. Worked a bit on my colormatching plan.

Grinding down one of two towhooks.

Priming them. Now hanging to dry, paint's going on tomorrow.

Nylanderz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The end result!

Nothing fancy, just a small step towards my plan of colormatching bits & pieces.

Nylanderz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for not updating, but to be honest it hasn't happened that much. Tinted the taillights & 3rd brake light and fixed boost gauge and gave it a reeaal good polish & wax.

Anyone got any ideas what to do with my truck? Plans for now is to repair some dents, change frontfender & tailgate and get that painted.

Thinking about sanding down the grille and get that colormatched (green) as i will paint the fender & tailgate.