No-Tach cluster to a Tach cluster. Plug and Play?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94.Sierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 94 that has an instrument cluster without a tach, is it true that getting a cluster from a 92-94(I believe those are the years with same style clusters) that has a tach is just plug and play and it will work?

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
as far as the cluster itself yes it will be plug n play....as far as the tach working Im not real positive on gonna say probally not

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
should be plug and play, make sure you get a cluster that matches either a V8-V8 or V6-V6, a V6 Cluster will read high on a V8 and a V8 cluster will read low on a V6.

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my 89 (I know it is different) I had to run a wire to the coil (white wire) and put it in B15 I think (don't hold me to that) for the tach cluster. If you need me to I will find the threads I used and link them here for you.

94.Sierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted to swap to a cluster with a tach, but so far no luck finding one. I went to the only pick and pull around here that I know of 3 times and so far no luck. I've found tons of moonie style cluster and 95+ style ones but none like mine.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
you need a 92-94 cluster and yes it should plug and play, 91 is different wiring so that tach will not work, diesel cluster also will not work as the tach signal comes from the alternator and is a different type of signal.

i have to look but i should still have my cluster from my 94 yet, it is a v8/auto cluster

94.Sierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend who works at the junkyard is supposed to call me if one rolls thru, but if that doesn't pan out I PM you Devs, thanks. And my truck is currently the 4.3 :(