no dome light with door open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluebear15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
last week i noticed that when i opened my door my dome lights didnt work but when i would use the switch to turn them on they work. gets annoying when you have a bunch of stuff to take out when you get home at night and dont like hitting the switch each time

any ideas?

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i dont mean to be a dick... but is the dome light overide switch on? should be right under the adjuster and headlight switch. little round button. thats assuming you have the 95 and up anyways.

bluebear15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ya i have a 97 and i tried pressing it a couple of times but didnt get anything. i wasnt exactly sure what it does or how it works so i tested it out but didnt seem to make a difference

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah mines kinda screwy like that. umm lets see when its sticking out the dome should come on with the door open. so get it to that position. then cycly your key on and then back off open and close the driver door then once you open it again it should work. thats how mine is on my 97 silvy at least.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check your poppers !!!

I have that same problem but I found out that the little black button on each side of the dash stick and don't pop all the way out when I open either door. I can push either button a few times and the dome light comes right on. A new pair probably will cost me less than $12 bucks and take maybe 10 minutes to install but they never made my priority list.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah that was the next step. i dont think fuses would have anything to do with it since they work with the dimmer switch on. its gotta be one of those simple things.

Reaction score
its the "poppers" mine does it too.

But i can jiggle them and the lights will come on

i made a thread a while back but didnt get it fixed yet

bluebear15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya it ended up being the trick 6chevy9 said. You would think they would make it just so the button controlled it lol