No air on driver vent only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it’s coming out behind the blower, then two things come to mind:

The entire case is split in half horizontally and the factory included a thin RTV type gasket between the halves. You may be able to block the leak with some duct tape (the silver kind that they use for sealing up air handlers).

Or, check the engine side firewall and see if you feel air coming out where the two evaporator lines go through. There’s a foam gasket that goes around the lines to seal the holes in the part of the casing that surrounds the evaporator. That may have deteriorated, but replacement requires pull the box.
Yes I feel sorry coming out by the lines as well. What can I do to seal it up. Silicone ?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe just try some tape first to see if it improves things. The holes in the case for the lines aren’t huge so there wouldn’t be a huge air loss through there but every little bit helps with these things.

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe just try some tape first to see if it improves things. The holes in the case for the lines aren’t huge so there wouldn’t be a huge air loss through there but every little bit helps with these things.
Tape what? I feel the air coming from the outside by the evap lines and under the blower and by the floor vents

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If air is escaping from the evaporator housing through the holes for the evaporator lines into the engine bay, then seal those up the best you can.

Photo below shows the foam gaskets that are sandwiched between the air box and the interior firewall. If those gaskets are shot, air could leak from the air box out through the firewall into the engine bay.

You must be registered for see images attach

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If air is escaping from the evaporator housing through the holes for the evaporator lines into the engine bay, then seal those up the best you can.

Photo below shows the foam gaskets that are sandwiched between the air box and the interior firewall. If those gaskets are shot, air could leak from the air box out through the firewall into the engine bay.

You must be registered for see images attach
Can I put silicone in there?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, if you have cold air blowing into the engine bay, the foam is probably just torn. Just dab it on from the engine side and seal it up.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’d tape that since the opening around the line is a little large. Use water resistant duct tape or something like that flex seal stuff from the infomercials.