No air on driver vent only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It's not a counterweight; you have two spring-loaded linkages that the actuator uses to select the proper door position. Look at this pic and compare to yours; maybe some of your linkage parts are missing and it's allowing the air pressure at the higher fan speeds to push the door shut when it shouldn't.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Comparing your picture to Richard's, you're missing, at least, one of the white retaining clips and the spring. There's nothing left to hold the door in the proper location.

Last edited:

jollyjerry

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found the other clip and spring, but I think I'm still missing a screw. Do those linkages come with the actuator part? If so, I might just buy a complete set to replace it.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
No. Actuator is just the electric motor by itself. The linkages are part of the A/C box. Boneyard it.

Richard

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

jollyjerry

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found all the pieces for the vent door linkages. In case someone else runs into this problem, here's what I learned. There's no bolt holding the linkage to the door, it just slots into a hole. It's a deep hole, so I don't know how it came out in the first place. The white plastic clips hold the two metal pieces of the arm, and are themselves held in by the compression of the spring. One end of the linkage attaches at the vent actuator motor, the other to a hole that has an end of the vent door in it. When you reach into this hole, you can wiggle the pin inside and feel the vent door move. If you have the lower housing removed, you can also wiggle the door and feel the pin move.

To make it easier to mount the white clips, I taped the two metal pieces of the arm together. Install the clips with the non-flat side facing inwards; These hold the spring in place. It's ok to not have the clips positioned perfectly because once you put the spring on, they'll get pushed out to where they should be.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the follow-up. How is the air flow now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jollyjerry

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Flows good. AC works too. ;)

Thinking back, the driver vent didn't get air because the air would push past the vent door. The center still got a little bit because it was right over the door, but there wasn't enough pressure to make it all the way over to the driver side.

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a question similar to this problem. everything works fine on mine. got good air flow through driver vents, but dont have any through the 2 passenger?

jollyjerry

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You could troubleshoot it similar to what I did. Check your actuator door is working. If not that, check the duct isn't clogged, but like the earlier posts suggest, it's unlikely since it's all one duct past the actuator door.