Newbie with a 88 454 Dually project truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTODually

Reaction score
Found a tailgate to replace the dented one currently on the truck. Anyone know how to remove the tailgate marker lights and I need a few of the plastic bezels around the lights.

Old tailgate...

You must be registered for see images

New tailgate...

GTODually

Reaction score
Also while at the junkyard yesterday, I picked up a 88 GMC grille to replace the factory Chevy one (I know they are basically the same truck but as a Pontiac guy I like GMCs) for $5. The chrome is flaking off it but was thinking of colormatching the grille anyways if I can get all the chrome off. However I would perfer the later 93? + style grille as well if its an easy swap.

GTODually

Reaction score
GMC grille is on...just need to trade or buy GMC center caps and a steering wheel.

Also installed the tailgate (minus swapping over the dually tailgate lights)

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could always put a light strip under the tailgate like the later model ones if you don't want to put all those lights on it....

Here's the best picture I could find, its just a strip of 3 lights in the center under the tailgate.

You must be registered for see images attach

Edit, spoke to soon...

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Nice project. the marker lights snap in and as I recall the holders are riveted to the tailgate. You will have to drill some giant holes if you want to use the stock style lights.

Yours may have been added after the fact. it should have 5 lights on the gate.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
This is a gorgeous truck! Love the dually.