Newbie in Canada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had an '80 El Camino. 2nd owner.
Full load.
Cruise, tilt, air, power windows, doors, 6-way power buckets, dual remote mirrors.
Was a factory 305/4-gear stick. (Saginaw)
That lasted about a month before getting ripped out & a pretty warmed-over 355 with a hot cam & some head work, + a Borg-Warner Super T-10 & a gear swap from the (yawn) 3.08's to a set of 3.73's.
Over the next year, I lowered it 2"/3.5" & did a bunch of other rear suspension upgrades. Aftermarket control arms, better shocks, Lakewood traction bars, etc. Bigger sway bars front & rear.
It still did 'The G-body Shuffle', every now & then, though. Had to be ready for that!
I miss that car.
Sewlo, I had a 80 Elcamino SS with the 305 4 spd I loaned it to my supervisor while I painted his truck, not being use to a standard he parked it in his driveway and went inside, my elcamino rolled down his driveway and crossed a highway and landed in the lake across the street from his house... Nothing sticking out of the lake but the headlights ! Sad day in the neighbor hood !

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sewlo, I had a 80 Elcamino SS with the 305 4 spd I loaned it to my supervisor while I painted his truck, not being use to a standard he parked it in his driveway and went inside, my elcamino rolled down his driveway and crossed a highway and landed in the lake across the street from his house... Nothing sticking out of the lake but the headlights ! Sad day in the neighbor hood !
Man that sucks!

Wilsonlee

Reaction score
Welcome from Michigan!

That looks amazing for being an all original truck.

The truck was originally purchased by a older gentleman who took really good care of it. The driver's side door paint does not match the rest of the truck, so I think the door was repainted before I got it.
Other than that it is very original. No rust at all. I park it during the winter months too.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score

Damn!