New truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good swap! These are good looking trucks, and diode dynamics makes awesome stuff, huge fan of yellow fogs.

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
With out fogs
You must be registered for see images attach

With fogs

May even be able to adjust them up a bit before they start blinding oncoming traffic.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is attitude across all the brands. Every brand has it's fanboys, and in my experience those are the same guys that know very little about even their own brand let alone others.
When we eventually "get done" with our 400 it will have F450 axles and suspension, a 5.9 Cummins and an Allison tranny. It will torque off every blue blood big 3 fan boy out there.

I'll sleep well at night knowing that someone's granny panties are going to have perma-twist.

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
When we eventually "get done" with our 400 it will have F450 axles and suspension, a 5.9 Cummins and an Allison tranny. It will torque off every blue blood big 3 fan boy out there.

I'll sleep well at night knowing that someone's granny panties are going to have perma-twist.

I have followed this truck since the beginning. It's a 67 C10 on a shortened LBZ chassis. With 6.6 LBZ and Allison. He swapped to a Super Duty front axle. A lot of people get on him for using the 6.6 Duramax and not a 12valve cummins. Those guys that make fun of the build are the type of guys I refer to as fanboys that know nothing. The Duramax requires a little more than just fuel and few wires to get it running so they think it's a bad engine. They poke fun at it because Duramax isn't "American" (it's s joint venture with Isuzu).
So, he handles it the same way I would lol. He put Isuzu badges on the truck and JDM (Japanese Diesel Motor) stickers. And it's hilarious to watch the American Made fanboys lose there minds.

I'm not 100% positive but I think he even sells the JDM stickers lol

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
That's how they built hot rods and Kustoms back in the day (and the traditional style builders still do)....mix and match parts to achieve the desired results. You'd have a Model A or 32 Ford with a Cadillac engine, later Ford or Olds rear end, maybe a GM manual transmission, and maybe custom bits from several makes/models on the body and interior.

Martin Evans

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Picked up this beast of a truck a few weeks ago, I needed something that could tow and still get some decent fuel economy. It's a 6.7 powerstroke and a power house of a truck. 475hp, 1050ftlbs, and still get 22mpg when empty. Average about 18mpg towing my car trailer around.
Some are afraid to spread out to the other manufacturers, I have no idea why you would limit yourself like that.

Currently don't have a GMT400, but I don't have a Camaro either, yet I'm on those forums too. Didn't realize once you sell your truck you couldn't hang around to share your experience and knowledge with the platform.
Replace the Blue Oval with Bowtie and just say it's a highly modified GMT-400 ;)

Martin Evans

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I have followed this truck since the beginning. It's a 67 C10 on a shortened LBZ chassis. With 6.6 LBZ and Allison. He swapped to a Super Duty front axle. A lot of people get on him for using the 6.6 Duramax and not a 12valve cummins. Those guys that make fun of the build are the type of guys I refer to as fanboys that know nothing. The Duramax requires a little more than just fuel and few wires to get it running so they think it's a bad engine. They poke fun at it because Duramax isn't "American" (it's s joint venture with Isuzu).
So, he handles it the same way I would lol. He put Isuzu badges on the truck and JDM (Japanese Diesel Motor) stickers. And it's hilarious to watch the American Made fanboys lose there minds.

I'm not 100% positive but I think he even sells the JDM stickers lol
The way that branch was hanging over, it kind of looked like a see-through bed at first, which would have been way cool!

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
Haven't done anything but put diesel in it. 3/4 done a 5000km road trip to the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia. Trucks been averaging 10.9l/100km (21.5mpg) with one tank at 9.4l/100km (25mpg)

Attachments

• 20230726_092440.jpg
    20230726_092440.jpg
    678.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230725_164327.jpg
    20230725_164327.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 1

TexasRebel

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As someone who's owned Ford, Chevy and Dodge trucks, I have zero loyalty to any of them. I'd even buy a Nissan Titan or Toyota Tundra if I could afford one. I will have to say that if I was to go buy new truck with it's main purpose to be a tow rig, I'd go Ford in a heartbeat. They have the best looking pickup at the moment in my opinion and the 6.7 powerstroke is a UNIT.

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned hate from fan boys. While I do agree that it comes from all sides, I will have to say that I have seen the most uneducated nonsense get spewed by die hard Chevy fans. Next up would be the Dodge boys that think they have the best truck known to man because of the Cummins diesel. From my experience, Ford guys tend to mind their own and do what they do.