New to the forum. New shop truck/tow rig.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to the forums. I frequently surf the different boards for trouble shooting, but have never created a profile. I recently picked up a 2000 ecsb 2500 w/454 Vortec to use as my shop truck/row rig. All I've done to it so far is pop a few dents, paint the factory steel rims,polish up the centers and beauty rings, some gmt800 style tows and hollow out my cats. She's got 172,*** miles. I also currently have another 2000 1500 ecsb Z71 and a 2002 1500 ecsb Z71....I'm a bit of a truck hoarder. I've got a few mods in mind for the 2500's 454. Not real sure how to fully navigate this site, so if you see me doing something wrong, bring it to my attention please.
You must be registered for see images attach
This is how she looked the day I brought her home.
Dressed up the wheels and a slight crank made a huge difference in appearance.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Always wanted a k2500 ECSB or a CCSB, and I told myself years ago if I ever needed a shop truck / work truck it would be a ECSB k2500. Even more so a 2000 :D

Reaction score
Always wanted a k2500 ECSB or a CCSB, and I told myself years ago if I ever needed a shop truck / work truck it would be a ECSB k2500. Even more so a 2000 :D
Thanks, I wanted something that I could put to work. Had been using my '00 GMT800 to pull the trailer, this ones much more gooder in the tow department!

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Thanks, I wanted something that I could put to work. Had been using my '00 GMT800 to pull the trailer, this ones much more gooder in the tow department!

I towed trailers with my 98 k1500 (before it died) and it sucked, I've been so much happier towing trailers with my Dodge. 8 lug life is way better, just costs me a lot more to drive over the half ton.

Reaction score
I towed trailers with my 98 k1500 (before it died) and it sucked, I've been so much happier towing trailers with my Dodge. 8 lug life is way better, just costs me a lot more to drive over the half ton.
I basically stole this rig. It has a solid body, clean undercarriage, new fuel tank, new lines, sending unit, FPR, new hydro boost, new water pump, clutch fan and alt...bought for $2000

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
You sir, have my dream truck. Love it.
Whereabouts in Iowa are you at? I grew up about 45 minutes west of Des Moines;

Looks fairly solid for a mid-western OBS, not much rust on it?