NEW TO SITE AND THE NEW TO ME TRUCK!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Had this truck for a couple months now. Its a 97 k1500 with the 6.5 TD. I love it. I had a 95 c2500 back in high school but it had the common pmd problem. The aftermarket wasnt like it was today on these trucks. (that i knew of) so got rid of it after the 3rd on in 3 months. Got the itch to find me one of these trucks again. Didnt have any luck for the last year of looking. Found some ragged out or rusted all up with 250k+ miles on them but didnt want to take a chance. Then this one came along. Its got great interior has the rubber floor (much easier to clean than carpet) had 190k miles. As clean as it was I decided I woudl take a look at it and hope they took care of the mechanical parts as much as they did the outside and inside. It runs great all stock except the pmd relocation kit. and that FUGLY grill and headlights. So I bought it and have been driving it since. I got some new tires for it already the highway tires weren't to bad but wanted something better for winter since we get the mixture of ice, snow, ice here in Oklahoma. But here it is. I've been all over this forum since i've had the truck and most searches bring me back here. So I figured I might as well join it. So enjoy looking!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Welcome. How much more appropriate can you get...a Chevy towing a Ford.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah that grill + lights need to go. Looks wayyyy out of place. Stick a 95-98 grill and the lights that belong on there and it will look 10x better! Besides that its a very nice truck!

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Welcome Aboard! And sadly, I have to agree, that grille and lights have to go. Other than that and the busted rear flare, Nice truck!

Reaction score
Thanks fellas for the welcomes. That grill will be removed before to long. Buddies at work called it the family truckster, if you know the reference. haha. Got some addons coming down the pipes for it. Nothing to serious but as I add them I'll be sure to post them up.

Stick a regular grill back in there and that'll be a good looking truck!

I see you have one of the best dogs in the world! I'm a little biased though. lol

Yes I love the boxers. He is 8 years old come December. He is still energetic and active. Not like he was as a puppy thankfully, but he loves to get out and run and play.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Post a picture of the front end on the GMT facebook page and some retard will pay you big money for that setup :p