New to forum - inner door panel question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kr0n0s

Reaction score
Hey Guys.

Im new here and have a quick question about inner door panels.

I have recently bought a 91 k1500 and the doors are rough. Inner panels are toast. I have a buddy who is willing to give me the doors off a 94 'burban (pretty sure it'll fit from my forum searches) is the power window/lock hook up the same on both? only info i can find on the forums is switching between power and non power.

im hoping the answer is yes as this will make a really easy swap

rightisray

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi Kr0nos,
Welcome to the forum! The answer to your question is both yes and no. There are differences between the truck and suburban/blazer panels. There are also differences between the Cheyenne and Silverado door panels. What trim level do you have and we can go from there?

kr0n0s

Reaction score
Hi Kr0nos,
Welcome to the forum! The answer to your question is both yes and no. There are differences between the truck and suburban/blazer panels. There are also differences between the Cheyenne and Silverado door panels. What trim level do you have and we can go from there?

Rightisray

almost everything has been already swapped out. i thought it would be easier seeing as i am swappping the entire door.

The seats i believe are from a newer truck (buckets)

my door panel currently look like

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o264/rduchateau2954/Green GMC/100_0069.jpg

the ones for the burban are similar to

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o264/rduchateau2954/Green GMC/100_0070.jpg

actually looking for the pics now i can see the doors are very similar no? so the wired connection should be the same to the truck?

rightisray

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
While they may look the same, with the exception of the window switch bezels, if you pull the one for the Suburban off, you will find that there is a much larger opening in the panel for the different wiring. You can put it on your truck, but you'll have a huge hole in the panel below your window switches.
I'd say that you may as well take the opportunity to upgrade to power mirrors and those more convenient bezels, I'm not sure if anything would work without there being any rear doors or windows hooked up. GM engineers had fun and there are grounds and power wires spliced all over the place in those harnesses. If you can find a Blazer or two door Yukon of the same year (92-94), it would make life a lot easier.

kr0n0s

Reaction score
Yea that was the only concern. i was hoping for same harness just less pins on truck and more on the door (back power windows) doors on still on the respective vehicles though so I can at least follow the wiring though. or custom wire the new switches with the old wire.

the benefit here is the complete doors are free to me. so a little work to figure out wiring aint that bad i guess