new to cranking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jt1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
okay guys so tmrw im going to bite the bullet and crank my torsion bars up a bit. what are my steps and what should i watch out for? im assuming i go clockwise to lift? and do i remove all weight from the suspension? thanks in advance

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
When I did mine, I jacked the front end up to relieve some pressure off the suspension. Then turned the bolts one full turn, lowered the truck, moved it a few feet back and forth to settle the suspension and checked the measurement. I repeated that a few times until I got the truck pretty level. Then I had the truck aligned. Fairly easy

Reaction score
When I did mine, I jacked the front end up to relieve some pressure off the suspension. Then turned the bolts one full turn, lowered the truck, moved it a few feet back and forth to settle the suspension and checked the measurement. I repeated that a few times until I got the truck pretty level. Then I had the truck aligned. Fairly easy

How soon after cranking the torsion should I get an alignment? I did mine a few days ago.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Any time you mess with suspension you need to get an alignment, crank it up 3 turns lower it down drive around the bock and see where it sits

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
How soon after cranking the torsion should I get an alignment? I did mine a few days ago.
I'll catch alota heat I'm sure but whenever you get around to it mines been cranked since February no alignment and no ill effects

Last edited:

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I'll catch alota heat I'm sure but whenever you get around to it mines been canned since February no alignment and no ill effects

Every truck will be different. If I hadn't aligned mine after cranking a couple weeks ago I would have already ruined my new tires.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Every truck will be different. If I hadn't aligned mine after cranking a couple weeks ago I would have already ruined my new tires.
Your right not everyone will be so luck but mine is my DD I drive it at least 65 miles a day and my grabbers still look good