New Member - Nick's Transmissions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here, joined today (Aug 16th)...Looking forward to interacting with everyone and getting to know the community. I used to own a 98 Tahoe and may acquire a buddy's 96 Silverado. I rebuild transmissions (bench builds mostly), specialize in General Motors so am very familiar with the 700R4/TH350/400, 4L60/65/70 and 4L80/85Es.

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here, joined today (Aug 16th)...Looking forward to interacting with everyone and getting to know the community. I used to own a 98 Tahoe and may acquire a buddy's 96 Silverado. I rebuild transmissions (bench builds mostly), specialize in General Motors so am very familiar with the 700R4/TH350/400, 4L60/65/70 and 4L80/85Es.
Welcome. Glad your here we all have transmission issues to a extent. Thanks for joining

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is a grate forum, with a lot of knowledge people. Enjoy your membership. There are a ton of people here, with a ton of knowledge on these trucks. Lot of tips, and tricks to make your ride, the best it can be. It's always good to have a knowledgeable transmission guy, in the family.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a grate forum, with a lot of knowledge people. Enjoy your membership. There are a ton of people here, with a ton of knowledge on these trucks. Lot of tips, and tricks to make your ride, the best it can be. It's always good to have a knowledgeable transmission guy, in the family.
For sure...looking forward to exchanging information/knowledge with everyone.

In the next week or so, I'll be starting all-encompassing 4L60E and 4L80E threads, complete w/step-by-step rebuild vids, parts selections, tips-tricks for performance, diag and troubleshooting information and more in the 'Transmissions' sub-forum.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For sure...looking forward to exchanging information/knowledge with everyone.

In the next week or so, I'll be starting all-encompassing 4L60E and 4L80E threads, complete w/step-by-step rebuild vids, parts selections, tips-tricks for performance, diag and troubleshooting information and more in the 'Transmissions' sub-forum.
Awesome, looking forward to it. I can stick the threads for you, so that they will be the first thread, that is in that section. Just PM me, when your finished with them, and I will stick them for you.