New member fron Iowa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1tinindian

Reaction score
Just joined and thought I'd say hi.
Name is Leon and I own a 1998 GMC SIERRA RCLB 2wd.
I saved this one from a junkyard from back in 2003.
It was totaled due to a badly bent frame, (RF frame was touching the right exhaust manifold).
It took a brand new frame from GM and 8 weeks of after work hours tearing it down and rebuilding it.
The only body pieces replaced were the front fenders, grill and filler panel and one new wheel.
I did all the work myself, including the paint work.
Total investment was $5500 and my own labor, not bad for a truck with 67K miles and optioned how I wanted with a 350 and tow package w/3:73 gears.
It now has 145K miles and I have had it to Colorado, California and Tennessee, and all without a hitch...damn good truck!

Leon

As she looks today:

You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Welcome! Good looking truck!
In 10 years & about 375,000 miles behind the wheels of GMT400's, I've only had to put either one on a flat deck 3X total due to mechanical probs!
Had a fuel pump quit, the L.R. wheel bearing went south, & when the intake manifold gaskets died in my '98 & it lost the bottom end. After almost 400,000km's!
A couple of the most reliable vehicles I've ever owned.
Best part? Parts are plentiful, & simple enough I can work on it at home.
Wouldn't of cost me as much as they have if I would just learn to leave them alone & quit with the damn modifications!
It's a festering disease!
And this place doesn't help any with that, either!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Welcome nice truck and awesome story always nice to get more iowa members around here

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Welcome from Waterloo. Where abouts are you?

-via Mobile