New here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It could always be a part you could return if not installed. When you say sloppy, are you talking lots of steering wheel movement before steering reacts? Msy be a steering gear adjustment or replacement. Check where gear mounts to frame for flex or cracking. Check slop in ball joints and arm bushings. Any combination of these can add up to lots of play.

jd33173

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just logging on to learn more about the GMT400 platform. My father passed away 2 years ago and I’m trying to keep his 97 C2500 going. Unfortunately, it’s in another state 2000 miles away so the jobs are sporadic.

During the last visit, I replaced the heater core and dried out the carpet inside. Nasty mess but it cleaned up. Also swapped in the correct 190F thermostats for this 6.5 TD. Did a few cosmetic things as well but still have more to do. Notice the new shiny side view mirror??
You must be registered for see images attach
That are a purty truck sir

Desrunner

Reaction score
The slop in the steering is the sawing motion just to keep it going straight. Tie rods were done recently but yeah, the pitman arm and gear box are old. I know more will need to be done but it seems like the lower steering shaft and the rag joint are done by this mileage. Again, can’t check it until I get there and then it’s a bit late to try to order something online without paying crazy expedited shipping. The C2500s are set up the same as the C1500s?

Desrunner

Reaction score
I might roll the dice and buy the CM steering shaft so I can replace it since I’m going to get the door bushings from them.