New guy with a quick question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shortbox

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new member here but long time GMT400 owner. Looking for a little help. I have a '93 rcsb and am looking to put different aftermarket wheels on it but am sick of the front wheels sticking outside the fenders and chipping up my paint!

I run stock suspension on this one (not even leveled) and tires are stock size 265/75/R16s. I am looking at a 16x8 wheel with 4.5 backspacing. Anyone know if or how far these would stick outside the fender (demolded and no flares). I did some searching and best I could find for an answer is "a hair".

Thank you in advance to anyone willing to help. I hope I posted in correct spot and look forward to posting some pics in the future as I have enjoyed admiring all the members rides!

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
16x8 4.5" bs on 265s. Rear tire is right at even. Front is out of the fender
You must be registered for see images attach

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
they will literally stick out a hair, to not stick out at all you need the same backsapcing and wheel width. if you decide to crank it up a bit youll pull the wheels back in a bit but youll also need an alignment after which is always a good idea if your spending money on new shoes.