New Guy Needing Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

britts_gap

Reaction score
New guy here from east TN! Been lurking for a while but can’t seem to find an answer to my question, which full confession might be dumb.
My grandpaw just gave me his 1993 Chevy K1500 Ext Cab Z71. Strong motor and trans still just needs a lot of other work. Not a rookie but definitely not a pro when it comes to turning a wrench and know a little about these trucks from my 96 z71 I had in high school.

Alright onto the question! I’m wanting to put some 305/70R16 on this truck, stock rims. I know they’ll be tight at stock height and not wanting to crank the hell out of the torsion bars. Any good kits or anyone have a parts list I can piece together to give me a solid 3-4 inches of lift that keeps a good ride? Not wanting to go a full 6 inches and 35s. Just a little ground clearance with a better suspension. Looking for shock and leaf recommendations as well! Thanks for any help y’all can give!!

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can tell you I have a 3” body lift and 305/75/16 tires, on stock rims, rub when turning on my truck. I know you said you want 305/70/16 so I don’t know if the 70 makes a difference there.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
With a tire that wide, going from 75 to 70 is dramatic to the tune of 1.2 inches diameter.