New Guy here with a 95 GMC Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VALBOLSKI

Reaction score
Hello everybody, been here for a while, just never posted. I just bought a 95 GMC Sierra C1500, 5.7, 4l60. It had been sitting for a couple years in the PO's yard. He sold it to me for $800, told me it had a seized engine. I brought it home with intentions of putting a new engine in it. I started to tinker with it, and the engine was not seized. I changed out all the fluids, put in new filters, and it fired right up on the first try. I had to replace both exhaust manifolds because they were cracked and making a terrible noise. I also replaced the cat, spark plugs, dist rotor and cap, wires etc. I've been driving it around for about a week now, and I have a scraping sound coming from somewhere. I can't figure out from where. It only happens in gear, drive or reverse. At stop lights, when I inch it forward, it has a pulsing/tug to it, like a heartbeat almost. The transmission shifts fine in every gear, lockup works good too. But I have That sound. I also noticed the lack of power on acceleration and passing. Was wondering if someone here can point me in the right direction.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do the brakes look?

Does the differential look ok inside?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lamogo33

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Can you determine if it is coming from the front or rear at least? I'd suspect worn brakes as previously stated. Could also be a differential or wheel/axle bearing but those issues usually make a whining/howl sound.

VALBOLSKI

Reaction score
The brakes are good. The noise is coming from the front or underneath. Its very prominent when idling, in gear. Goes away when put in park or neutral.

1ATony

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to the site it's great to have you here

Tony