New Guy from Minnesota

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ilija Kovacevic

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey there been checking out the site off and on for a bit now and figured I should do the introduction so here goes.....

I am 39 father with 1 son and I have always been a gear head, I grew up around cars all my life and I am finally in a spot in my life where I have been able to build a few cars. This is my daily driver and I have had it for a couple years now. It's a 1988 C1500 standard cab and started life as a W/T model. I have added all the interior pieces it didn't have and repainted all of it. Truck came to me in a trade for work I did on a guys '64 El Camino. I have lowered it with a 5/7 drop repainted it and just recently swapped out the 4.3 V6 for a 461 big block chevy. There are more plans for more mods in the future but gotta save up some cash after the engine swap.

You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Very nice work transforming your WT. You now have a very good looking truck. I had a 93 WT with a 4.3L that I bought for $3200 in 1999. I bought my 97, Silverado 5.7L in 2002 for the wife. After the trans went out in my WT in 2009, I told her I wanted the 97, and bought here something else.

Ilija Kovacevic

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Very nice work transforming your WT. You now have a very good looking truck. I had a 93 WT with a 4.3L that I bought for $3200 in 1999. I bought my 97, Silverado 5.7L in 2002 for the wife. After the trans went out in my WT in 2009, I told her I wanted the 97, and bought here something else.

Very cool!! Yeah I am having a blast building the truck

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My 97 was repainted in Oct. 2013. I has always been a fan of the rally strips, so I had them paint those on as well. The truck was white before, but I think the strips give it a much nicer look. As for performance, well after I took it from the wife, I started tweaking the vortec 5.7L Shorty headers, gutted the cats, true dual exhaust with 2 old school glass pack mufflers, no restrictions at all in my exhaust system. shaved the throttle plate defuser off, and replaced the stock air filter with a high flow one. tuned it and I'm sure several other things i forgot to mention. Most recently, I dropped the back about 3 inches to level the truck. With the blue tooth stereo, 680 watt amp pushing 1 Sony explod 10 in a box behind the back seat, and the viper alarm system with keyless entry and the Silverado factory options that all work it makes for a nice daily driver.

Last edited:

Ilija Kovacevic

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 97 was repainted in Oct. 2013. I has always been a fan of the rally strips, so I had them paint those on as well. The truck was white before, but I think the strips give it a much nicer look. As for performance, well after I took it from the wife, I started tweaking the vortec 5.7L Shorty headers, gutted the cats, true dual exhaust with 2 old school glass pack mufflers, no restrictions at all in my exhaust system. shaved the throttle plate defuser off, and replaced the stock air filter with a high flow one. tuned it and I'm sure several other things i forgot to mention. Most recently, I dropped the back about 3 inches to level the truck. With the blue tooth stereo, 680 watt amp pushing 1 Sony explod 10 in a box behind the back seat, and the viper alarm system with keyless entry and the Silverado factory options that all work it makes for a nice daily driver.

Damn bro sounds killer!! A buddy and I were tossing around the idea of building a 383 stroker but then he asked what I was gonna do with the big block I had laying in the corner of the shop and the rest is history lol. Don't have much for stereo right now just the 4 small speakers and a cheapy reciever. Future plans are to do 4 link and bag it.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Damn bro sounds killer!! A buddy and I were tossing around the idea of building a 383 stroker but then he asked what I was gonna do with the big block I had laying in the corner of the shop and the rest is history lol. Don't have much for stereo right now just the 4 small speakers and a cheapy reciever. Future plans are to do 4 link and bag it.
If I had a big block just laying around, I would do the same.