new from fsc 97 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluebear15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got an invite to check out the site so thought i'd join and contribute. i've got a 97 tahoe w/ 3" body lift on 285/75/16's. i recently bought the tahoe this year and i bought it with the lift, tires/wheels, and tint. so far i've only swapped in led lights in the cluster and put in an alpine head unit.

You must be registered for see images attach

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats a real clean truck that you can keep forever and just keep upgrading.

Ray

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, Lift the back bumper and it will look a lot better. It's a good looking hoe though. What head unit do you have?

bluebear15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats a real clean truck that you can keep forever and just keep upgrading.

thanks ya only a small spot of rust on the rear driver side cargo door that i'm gunna fix up. but ya i plan on keeping it for a long time

But you should get a rear bumper lift.

haha i've been in debate about this. my thing is i'm not sure if the hitch will rise also w/ the bumper or not?? if it doesn't then i'll just keep it the way it is. i was also thinking of making my own "fire and ice bar" sorta thing cept not a strip of led's but rather similar to the pattern of the marker lights on the roof's of trucks that you see but only with those oval brake lights. i'm not sure which way to go tho

**Ray: i have Alpine CDE-9852 head unit in currently but i want to upgrade to Alpine IDA-X303 so that i'm able to run a speaker amp when i put new speakers in

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The hitch stays where it is. The low hitch looks a lot better than the awkward bumper.

You can flip the bumper brackets to raise the bumper.

If you are REALLY upset about the low hitch you can buy a "hidden hitch" which will raise it up to where it sat on the factory level.

Or you could drop the stock one off with a welder and have him cut 3" out of it.

My truck has the factory hitch and the lifted bumper, it looks good and makes a good step.

Go easy on external lights, they get tacky quickly. A regular line-of-fire is a good mod though.

Ray

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks ya only a small spot of rust on the rear driver side cargo door that i'm gunna fix up. but ya i plan on keeping it for a long time

haha i've been in debate about this. my thing is i'm not sure if the hitch will rise also w/ the bumper or not?? if it doesn't then i'll just keep it the way it is. i was also thinking of making my own "fire and ice bar" sorta thing cept not a strip of led's but rather similar to the pattern of the marker lights on the roof's of trucks that you see but only with those oval brake lights. i'm not sure which way to go tho

**Ray: i have Alpine CDE-9852 head unit in currently but i want to upgrade to Alpine IDA-X303 so that i'm able to run a speaker amp when i put new speakers in

I use to have the 9852 Pretty good unit. I have been through a bunch adiff alpines, till I finally picked a dd

BubbaZ71Tahoe

Reaction score
crank the bars and put 2inch blocks on the rear.... mine sat about that high without the body lift

bluebear15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The hitch stays where it is. The low hitch looks a lot better than the awkward bumper.

You can flip the bumper brackets to raise the bumper.

If you are REALLY upset about the low hitch you can buy a "hidden hitch" which will raise it up to where it sat on the factory level.

Or you could drop the stock one off with a welder and have him cut 3" out of it.

My truck has the factory hitch and the lifted bumper, it looks good and makes a good step.

Go easy on external lights, they get tacky quickly. A regular line-of-fire is a good mod though.

any pics of the bumper adjusted? and pics of the brackets?

I use to have the 9852 Pretty good unit. I have been through a bunch adiff alpines, till I finally picked a dd

alpine is the best stuff that i've come across never had any problems.

crank the bars and put 2inch blocks on the rear.... mine sat about that high without the body lift

i've always been skeptical about cranking the bars cuz i dont want to deal with the life of the cv's being shortend.