New exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From what I've heard, Corsa has always been a good choice in exhaust components, but from looking at their products they don't make anything application specific for our trucks. How much of your exhaust are you replacing? Are you doing headers all the way back, just muffler-back? Most guys I know run Magnaflow and Flowmaster parts.

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
As stated, Corsa does not offer an exhaust system for our trucks and way expensive. You can do a catback for half the price. Are you replacing out of necessity?

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe we need to know what you are hoping to achieve here. Is it just to replace a rusted out exhaust system? Or are you looking for more power and or torque? Maybe you want a different sound? And finally, as someone already mentioned, do yu want to go to headers?

SKFengineer

Reaction score
So I agree with Ironhead that we need more knowledge about your end goals. Is this is a Cat back system, are you installing headers, how loud do you want the exhaust.

I main reason I'm weighing in on this topic is I also live in the Corvette world and Corsa has made a big name for themselves with those cars. My opinion of them from Corvettes is they make good products but they could be a little costly. I have one of their X-pipes on my vette and it is of high quality and works as hoped.

If you are just curious about mufflers I would say you first need to answer the question, do I want a cambered or a flow-tru perforated pipe exhaust sound. Flowmaster makes the cambered mufflers and MagnaFlow makes the perforated pipe mufflers, if you are considering the later of the two I would also think about DynoMax UltraFlo SS mufflers. The cambered exhaust will have more "chackle" as you go through the rpm's but both will be loud at full-throttle towards the top of the power band. Tests show the flow-tru muffer will provide more flow when tested on a flowbench but I'm not sure by how much... Lastly as most will tell you it's best to listen to examples of both and then pick the one you like the sound of the most. --- If you can, get a ride not just listen to them idle and rev that doesn't tell the whole story.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Along with all concerns above, what about compliance with state/local emissions and/or inspection regulations?