New 1996 CCLB 3500 454. Help set my expectations on power or is there a problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Yes, the test valve is post reg/inj, techically. The metal line it is in tees into the fuel rail halfway down and tees off at the regulator back into the return, so yes, you are technically post injection. Pump pressure is not the problem since it initially jumped to where its supposed to when the key was turned on. As soon as the pump shut off you started losing pressure, and from how slow it was I'd say bleeding injector(s) initially. Easy way to tell is pull the upper, hit the key, and look for leakage. If you look up at the pic I posted you'll notice the 8 smallest ports, thats where the injectors squirt into

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
And testing pre-regulator you would see much more pressure. Most stock pumps are rated up to 120PSI

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh I see, thanks for the clarification. I saw many threads on which injectors to buy as replacements so I will read through those too. So I should look for a pressure regulator, injectors, cap and rotor, manifold gasket. Anything else?

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So those injectors should be a direct fit? Should I worry at all that they are used even if it is just for a week and what would be a decent price to pay for them? Who makes a really good regulator? Sorry for all the questions but I really appreciate all of the help!

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
AND do not get the Duralast (AutoZone) cap and rotor. They are crap. I don't know where you go to get parts, but I suggest spending a little extra and getting at least the ACCEL cap and rotor. I had Duralast Gold cap and rotor on mine for less than a week and it misfired the whole time. Pulled it and it was carbon tracked like crazy

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Yes, they are direct fit. Hell, I'm running injectors that I pulled from a wrecked LS1 haha, so I wouldn't worry about those, it takes a lot to ruin a Bosch injector like that. I'm using a GP Sorensen regulator, part #800-315

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Yeah, but you wont need the lowers. I'd go ahead and do them, if it was me, but that requires pulling the dizzy and resetting it if you're up to that. It has to be set a certain way