need wheel/paint help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So I have the black summit steel delta 16" wheels and I like them fine. Everything on my (pewter) truck is either pewter or flat black. I detailed the truck after hunting season and realized these wheels are way too shiny; they looked better covered in a haze.

Is there an easy way to knock down the shine without spending a weekend with a bag of 0000 steel wool?
Would that etching alloy wheel cleaner knock it down evenly?

Thanks,
Brent

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Plasti dip. You could completely change their color if you wanted to. Or you could spray on a matte clear which would tone down the shine.

https://www.dipyourcar.com/home.php

You can find matte black at Home Depot for around $6 a can. You would need 4-6 cans.

Plastidip is a temporary coating so if you don't like it, you can remove it. But it is tough enough go withstand some punishment.

Reaction score
I'm all about some PD. My grill and bumpers are PDd. I just don't like the idea of it on my wheels. But I might do it.
Thanks.