Need to get rid of this stupid ugly rake once and for all.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
It's been driving me insane since I had the 2'' block and crank on my truck. Torsion bars were maxed out and only gained 1/2 and inch of height in the front. I'm not knocking rake whatsoever, It looks good on most trucks, and I dont mind it on mine, but looking at it from the side, it kills me, i think it looks silly on my truck.

I thought installing the RCX lift kit would finally get rid of it, seeing that alot of people on this forum have the backwards rake, not the frontwards rake, with the RCX kit.

I know the RCX kit is a 6'' rear and a 5'' in the front, which means you have to crank for the extra inch. I have the rear AAL's and 4'' block, and the front end is fully cranked, but the rear is still 2'' higher.

I've gone the 'new torsion bars' route. Zero luck. Bought some off a low mile gmt400 and they were slightly better but still had that ugly rake. Im to the point where I want to test the Torsion Key theory myself and buy leveling torsion keys to get rid of the rake, and if those dont work then some balljoint spacers, if those dont work, then I dont know what to do. Im more than sick and tired of this rake. I want it gone. I want it level or an inch over level. I need recommendations, anything that would help me get rid of this. Im seriously debating of taking the lift blocks out of the back :3811797817_8d685371

You must be registered for see images attach

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Just replace your four inch rear blocks with two inch blocks :shrug:

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
After I had mine installed I hauled a trailer with two 4 wheelers on it an one in the bed over a weekend an it helped with the rake on mine it seemed.

Sent from my Ragged Out Z71

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks great as is man, trucks are suppose to have rake. Swap the 4" block for a 3", or try some 2500 bars if you want the front higher...

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Personally I think the truck looks perfect. If anything drop the rear an inch to try and visually elimante the rake

Adam

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Drop down to a 3" block. Mine had a lot of rake and I couldn't stand it. I just put a 3" block in and it's much better! Ill post some pics tomorrow for ya.

Or you can fill your bed with dirt.....
You must be registered for see images attach