need tbi spacer info please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reptilla

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 95 c1500 suburban and am going to install a tbi spacer,do I need any special fuel line adapter or extender to make it happen? I just want to be prepared for the job.thanks!

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
some ppl say they HAD to have the extensions, others say they fit without them.

You do know the spacers don't do a whole lot right? Any other mods?

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
I had a spacer on my 95 and didn't need extensions. But there is a bracket that bolts to the transmission that holds the fuel lines. I had to remove the nut holding that bracket on in order to have enough slack to raise the TBI.

Swims350 is right. I doesn't do much if anything at all. I didn't notice any difference other than the ones with threaded ports whistle really loud.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOl, yea I've heard alot of things, they store air so when you mash on the pedal heavy it's ready for better throttle response, which is mainly what they do. No real hp or tq, just more air to support a heavy foot, and not rob hp or tq since it doesn't have enough air I guess.

I also hear it helps to better atomize the fuel since it has longer distance to travel to get to the combustion chambers.

It's your call, if I had the cash I'd run one. Just to see if it works and helps things out.

As for my 88 it did not have anything holding the lines on the trans, it did have a bracket off the framerail with clamps, thoose could be taken loose to give some slack.

reptilla

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got an air raid for 30 bucks and thought it was worth it,i also want to do an injector pod spacer.im trying to get alittle more power with some better mpga and thought this would help

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not sure if it would help either, much if any esp. mileage.

I did hear the pod spacer was a good idea and worked good though.

Just don't beleive everything you read or hear, all these magic gizmos that claim better fuel mileage like magnets and tornados and crap.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IMO for better power, and maybe help mileage, open up the exhaust and intake path. Meaning headers, duals or better flowing y pipe or main pipes, like bigger dia, less restriction is what you are after, then like a cold air intake or something to open up the intake side. salad bowl mod or something to help get the air in better.

if it aint done already, a good tune up, plugs, wires, rotor and dist. cap. maybe even pop on some e3 plugs, the guys on horsepower swear by them to help make more power and less emissions.

reptilla

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I definatly am doing a cold air intake! I just want to do some bolt ons and not change reliability. my plan is the spacers , msd ignition,cold air,and.....not sure what else I should look at.