Need some pointers on troubleshooting hard shifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calvinator

Reaction score
Hi all - new to this forum, but not new to online forums. Great to be here, hope I can contribute.

Earlier this year I bought a "garage find" 1995 C2500 Suburban. It is in pristine shape w/66k miles. Had it shipped from Arizona to Ohio so I can put it to work hauling the family and towing my toys!

I had my camera on the wrong setting, but here are some PICS:
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Anyways, I'm working through troubleshooting hard shifting. I need some pointers on where to look next. I believe a sensor is going bad, the hard shifting doesn't happen all the time. And if I shut off the motor and restart the problem will go away for a bit.

My rigs specs:
1995 C2500 Suburban
350 motor. (even thought there is a 454 sticker on the Sub)
TBI.
4LE80 transmission.

Driving around town, I get jerky shifts from 1st to 2nd accelerating and during downshifts coming to a stop light. Don't notice anything i higher gears like when on the highway. Also when I pull in my driveway and then put the truck in reverse, I get a REAL hard shift.

I've been troubleshooting.... I checked the ground on the front side of the TBI. Clean and tight. I also replaced the TPS and IAV with Dephi parts -- things did get better, but only for a few days.

So now I need some pointers on where to look next. THANKS ! ! !