need some opininos painting wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My wheels are currently chrome, and have some nasty pitting problems. I'm thinking of plasti dipping them black, going over them with a light coat of the gold metalizer for the "flake" look, and then hitting them with the glossifier. Here's a pic of how my truck looks now.

You must be registered for see images attach

whatcha think?

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Idk how plasti dip actually works but i see alot of ppl trying to use it on everything. To me the whole plastidip thing is going to turn out like the tinted light fad where its just gonna become over done.

If you want black wheels id just paint them black or powder coat them.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
one of the reasons im wanting to use plasti dip, is because if i dont like it, i can peel it off. i do see where your coming from though.

Moore

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure about the gold flake stuff but I definitely would try the dip+glossifier

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im hoping the gold flake will really make them fit in nice with the truck.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The plasti dip is it in a spray can or do you shoot it out a spray gun? Im assuming its like an undercoating?

The gold flake wont show up on the black that good if at all.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
rattle can. this gold flake is called a metalizer designed just for plasti dip. you do have me reconsidering it though. if it was your truck and your wheels, on a budget, what would you do? i dont want just plain black. i want something to stand out from the rest of the truck. kinda like what you did on your wheels but for a 4x4 truck.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
are those ultra predator wheels? i think they look best like they are but if u was going to do it plasti dip first isnt a bad idea everything ive used it for its been good

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
there cruiser alloys. i like them the way they are, but when you get up close to my truck, they make the truck look bad becasue of how pitted they are. im trying to think of a way to make them look good and really make the truck look good.