Need new shocks, any ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95_bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
95 chevy 1500 z71, my current shocks need to be replaced. i was looking at the monroe reflex, anyone have any other shocks that are good and decent priced. any reviews or anyone has shocks that work good from experience? thanks for the help in advance.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive got rancho 5000 series on my truck and there great. very stiff in cold weather though. ( noticed your from tx so you dont have to worry about that ) If you do any towing/hauling, dont get the monroe. They dont support the load very well and will wear out quicker. There basically just an over the road shock.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
I typically use Procomps on my 4wd trucks. I have ES3000s on my 99 Z71 and had ES9000s on my lifted 86. I've kept Gabriel LTVs on my 94 2wd, pretty harsh empty but hold a load nice without any residual bounce.

95_bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i do some trailer hauling occasionaly and i load stuff in the bed all the time. ill look up those shocks and see what i can find.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have Monroe sensa-tracs and they ride great. I dont tow but use the bed alot and have had no issues with them. I also have a set of helwig helper springs though..

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bilstein
There is nothing, quite literally, nothing like driving a vehicle equipped with Bilstein Shocks. Unbelievable control. Precise handling. Ultimate performance. And incredible comfort.

I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU I LIKE THESE FOR MY TRUCK.

Year Type Part Number List Price Our Price Order Quantity
88-98 Sierra C1500 - 2WD
Mono-Tube Gas Front: 24-016971 $130.00 $59.95
Mono-Tube Gas Rear: 24-016988 $130.00 $59.95
Manufacturer / Setting: Bilstein Heavy Duty BILSTEIN B6 - HD Light Truck/SUV
If you’re looking for suspension performance, the BILSTEIN B6 Series shock absorber is the best solution to improve your Truck or SUV’s ride. Unbelievable control, precise handling, ultimate performance and incredible comfort. You'll soon discover there is, quite literally, nothing like it.
The product benefits at a glance:
Monotube gas pressure construction
Improved ride and handling
Added traction and enhanced stability
Increased performance, even when hauling or towing heavy loads.
Road-tested and fine-tuned by BILSTEIN for each vehicle specific application

Pictures/More Infomation ($239.80 for a set of 4 shocks/struts)

88-98 Sierra C1500 - 2WD
Mono-Tube Gas Front: 24-020336 $130.00 $52.75
Mono-Tube Gas Rear: 24-014533 $130.00 $52.75
Manufacturer / Setting: Bilstein Comfort Bilstein B6 (C) Comfort
Bilstein B6 Comfort gas pressure shocks and struts are for the driver who wants maximum ride comfort, with the virtual elimination of “bottoming out” and vehicle sway. These shocks generally maintain and, in many cases, enhance a vehicle’s original ride qualities while increasing road-handling and overall stability. (Painted Finish)
Painted Finish
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 1-800-303-6211 (517-625-1884 outside the U.S.)
Hours: Monday-Friday: 9am-6pm ET / Friday 9am-5:30pm / Saturday: 9am-2pm ET.

Due to the volume of email we receive, it may take us a few days to answer your question. For time-critical issues, please call us at the above number.
: Trucks: GMC:
Cars Trucks Motorhomes Off-Road Street Rod Racing Sway-A-Way Springs Bushings Lift Kits

Bilstein Shocks/Struts for
Sierra C1500 - 2WD - 1988-1998
(Standard Suspension)
1) Enter the quantity of each part that you would like to order
2) Press "Add Parts to Shopping Cart" button for the that group.

Note: The price listed is for one shock or strut. Email: [email protected]

Due to the volume of email we receive, it may take us a few days to answer your question. For time-critical issues, please call us at the above number.

Remember, we offer FREE SHIPPING on orders over $200!
(Ground shipping in contiguous U.S.)

Show: All Manufacturers Bilstein Edelbrock Koni KW
(Please scroll down the page to see the shocks from all available manufacturers.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go to our list of frequently asked questions.

Bilstein
There is nothing, quite literally, nothing like driving a vehicle equipped with Bilstein Shocks. Unbelievable control. Precise handling. Ultimate performance. And incredible comfort.

88-98 Sierra C1500 - 2WD
Mono-Tube Gas Front: 24-016971 $130.00 $59.95
Mono-Tube Gas Rear: 24-016988 $130.00 $59.95
If you’re looking for suspension performance, the BILSTEIN B6 Series shock absorber is the best solution to improve your Truck or SUV’s ride. Unbelievable control, precise handling, ultimate performance and incredible comfort. You'll soon discover there is, quite literally, nothing like it.

Pictures/More Infomation ($239.80 for a set of 4 shocks/struts)

88-98 Sierra C1500 - 2WD
Mono-Tube Gas Front: 24-020336 $130.00 $52.75
Mono-Tube Gas Rear: 24-014533 $130.00 $52.75
Bilstein B6 Comfort gas pressure shocks and struts are for the driver who wants maximum ride comfort, with the virtual elimination of “bottoming out” and vehicle sway. These shocks generally maintain and, in many cases, enhance a vehicle’s original ride qualities while increasing road-handling and overall stability. (Painted Finish)
Painted Finish

Pictures/More Infomation ($211.00 for a set of 4 shocks/struts)

Frequently Asked Questions
Do you sell air shocks?
Are the heavy duty shocks designed for hard use or made as an all around shock?
What is the main difference between the different settings?
How do I find the part number for the Bilstein shocks that came with my vehicle?

Frequently Asked Questions
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you sell air shocks?
We are not currently selling any air shocks.

Are the heavy duty shocks designed for hard use or made as an all around shock?
Bilstein heavy duty shocks are very suitable for both on and offroad use. They may be stiffer than your OEM shocks, but should give you a better feeling of control and stability.

What is the main difference between the different settings?
Comfort setting shocks would be very much like the original shocks for your car. Heavy Duty will be somewhat stiffer and give your car a stiffer and more controlled ride. Sport setting shocks are 30% stiffer than Heavy Duty and are usually used with lowering springs for very hard driving and competition. We recommend Heavy Duty shocks for most applications.

How do I find the part number for the Bilstein shocks that came with my vehicle?
The part number should be stamped onto the body of the shock. If a casual inspection doesn't turn it up, I'd give a dealer a call and ask him what the OEM shocks are.

Note: Price listed is per shock or strut. Prices subject to change without notice. eshocks.com is not responsible for typographical errors. To ensure your satisfaction, we'll email or call you with any problems with your order due to pricing or availability before billing or shipping.

Product/Company Information:
Bilstein Information Bilstein Overview Bilstein Corporate Profile Bilstein Products Bilstein Warranty Bilstein Motorsports

Visit eGauges.com for great prices on Auto Meter, VDO, Defi, Classic Instruments and ISSPRO gauges, mounting pods, senders, etc. Save on shipping by combining an order with your shocks!

about us - contact - gift certificates - privacy - specials - shipping - view shopping cart - home

copyright 2011 - Don's Sport Vehicle Sales
130 S. Main St. - Perry, MI 48872
1-800-303-6211 - (517-625-1884)
M-Th: 9am-6pm ET - Fri: 9am-5:30pm ET - Sat: 9am-2pm ET
Fax: 517-625-1889

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
SORRY JUST NOTICED YOUR TRUCK IS A 4X4. eshocks.com Well I hope other truck members with non 4x4 see the post above and consider them I know I am.
Good luck! Roland
: Trucks: Chevrolet:
Cars Trucks Motorhomes Off-Road Street Rod Racing Sway-A-Way Springs Bushings Lift Kits

Bilstein Shocks/Struts for
Silverado K1500 - 4WD - 1988-2006
(Standard Suspension)
1) Enter the quantity of each part that you would like to order
2) Press "Add Parts to Shopping Cart" button for the that group.

Note: The price listed is for one shock or strut. Email: [email protected]

Remember, we offer FREE SHIPPING on orders over $200!
(Ground shipping in contiguous U.S.)

Show: All Manufacturers Bilstein Edelbrock Koni KW
(Please scroll down the page to see the shocks from all available manufacturers.)

Go to our list of frequently asked questions.

Bilstein

99-06 Silverado K1500 - 4WD
Mono-Tube Gas Front: 24-065009 $135.00 $67.95
Mono-Tube Gas Rear: 24-029056 $130.00 $59.95

Pictures/More Infomation ($255.80 for a set of 4 shocks/struts)

88-98 Silverado K1500 - 4WD
Mono-Tube Gas Progressive Valving Front: 24-104050 $135.00 $67.95
Mono-Tube Gas Rear: 24-020435 $135.00 $67.95

Pictures/More Infomation ($271.80 for a set of 4 shocks/struts)

88-98 Silverado K1500 - 4WD
Mono-Tube Gas Front: 24-104050 $135.00 $67.95
Mono-Tube Gas Rear: 24-020879 $130.00 $55.95
Painted Finish

Pictures/More Infomation ($247.80 for a set of 4 shocks/struts)