Need help with throttle cable bracket.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

meir

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe i should have post this in the stupid questions section :(, but i really need your help.
recently bought a 89 k1500, with a bad transmission.
previous owner removed the 700R4 and installed TH350.
i'm about done with the installation of a rebuild 700R4, and need to adjust the TV cable.
problem is, when i got the truck, the bracket was held in place with one bolt only, that was also loose.
i understand the the rear hole on the bracket should go on the most rear bolt of the intake, but i cannot get it to fit. the last bolt is a stud, and supports another bracket that looks like a hoist point.

so i need help on how exactly this bracket is mounted. i will try to upload a pic later. showing more details
thanks in advance.

meir.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Both places the throttle cable bracket attach should have regular bolts. It shares one with the coil bracket, other one is the last intake bolt.

Not the best pics but hopefully they help?

During disassembly, shared coil bracket bolt hidden under fuel lines
You must be registered for see images attach

Re-assembly after intake gasket job

Definitely be sure you read up on adjusting the throttle valve cable. If you get it too loose, your shifts will be very soft, to the point of the transmission slipping - it will grenade itself in a big hurry. If you get it too tight, you'll get firm shifts; this isn't really a bad thing unless you have it set so firm it's slamming the crap out of everything in the driveline.

Richard

meir

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thank you someotherguy.
i have another intake with TBI and the bracket on a bench.
your picture helps a lot. it looks like you do not have the "hoist" bracket i was talking about.i will get some picture when i get home.

meir

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ho. by the way. i've read all the articles about TV cable adjustment on the bowtie website. very informative (and interesting read if i must say).
i ordered the pressure gauge from them for fine tuning.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, my pictures are off a '94 model, and the hoist bracket is on the front two positions on the driver side of the intake which are studs; one of the harness grounds attaches on the rear one and the stabilizer support for the tensioner mounts on the front one. Positions of that stuff varies a little bit over the years of course.

Richard

meir

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Richard. thank you so much. i think i'll just get read of that bracket and call it a day.