Need help with 4L60E trans.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK guys some years back my trans shelled out so I bought one from a 1995 truck but they said that it wouldn't work on my 93 F/S GMC truck. Does anybody know if I can get it to work I think the valve body is different and the wiring? Now the trans that's in my truck now slips just a little bit in reverse I want to add a can of some Trans additive called Seafoam im hoping is just a hard seal now since day one that I put it on it had that slip but my lazy butt didn't want to take it off again and ship it to some seller on Ebay oh it also gets worst when my truck has been running long.
Thanks! Roland :)
PS-I want to add the Seafoam on a long trip to see if it does the job. Trans oil is super clean and red. My next question is installing Vortec heads on it but that will be another post. The reason I bought the 95 Trans because my friend son totaled his truck and I didn't know at the time that it wouldn't fit.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im not a tranny guy so I wont even try to answer your question. However seafoam is a brand of cleaners. Their tranny stuff is no different. Its for cleaning trannies. If anything I would look for a bottle of Lucas transmission fix. That stuff is for sealing leaks and helping with slipping. I have heard stories of people using it when they've been told to rebuild the tranny and getting years of use out of the tranny. Like I said though, i wont even pretend to know what Im talking about when it comes to trannies, I just know seafoam is a cleaner and lucas supposedly works wonders.

71 cuda man

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What trans is in your truck now.They should both be 4L60s.Easiest way to tell is count the pan bolts 16 bolts is a 4L60 17 bolts is a 4L80.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it's more of an issue of the '95 being the 4L60E which is electronically controlled whereas the '93 is vacuumed controlled.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 4L60E on it now 93 it was the first year it came out but like I wrote for some reason it won't fit/connect on my 93 I wanted to know if a trans guru could help me out.

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Seems all the gurus are on break now or something. I know from all my reading on the net 95 is the only year that wont swap with any other year. have you considered listing it on craigslist for a trade or cash to buy one that will fit?

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh really I didn't know that then...somone who is more knowledgeable on the situation will chime in. I'm sure it's something to do with the ECM/PCM '95 seems to be the odd ball year for all sorts of different vehicles due to OBD-II coming out in '96

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
i would sell the tranny you can't use and give the lucas stuff a try. i think slick fifty would be better but it is just soo thick. it took 30 min to pour it in and you have to add it while it was running. if that don't help then use the money from the old tranny for a new one that will work

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will probably unload it since I have heard from other people that it is a odd ball trans. I know I can get my money back I install some new servos that are in the pan.

Thanks guys for the help be cool.

Last edited:

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Youre not going to get the 95 transmission to work. Get the right part. Also please try to be more coherent.